CRM 102 - Personnel Administration, Orientation and Training
These standards are in addition to the personnel policies and procedures contained in the Business Policy Manual. In all matters regarding employment practices, wage and salary administration, leaves, separations, benefits and personnel activities which are not addressed in this manual, the Business Policy Manual is to be followed.
Applicants for Cash-Handling Positions:
Verification of Employment Record Required - Before any individual is employed full-time or part-time in a cash-handling position:
- The individual's employment record must be verified by the hiring department. It is the department's responsibility to see that a background check is done prior to hiring the individual.
- The University has the right to check the criminal conviction records of any employee or applicant for employment. PE122 - Criminal Background Checks.
Note - The nature of any criminal conviction should be carefully considered in deciding whether to hire the individual or not.
Supervisory Employees - Employees in supervisory positions are expected to be above reproach in the conduct of their personal financial affairs and any knowledge of a history of problems must be carefully considered.
Orientation and Training:
New Employees - It is the responsibility of Campus Business Services to insure that employees responsible for cash funds are appropriately trained in accordance with University rules for cash handling. Specifically, employees responsible for cash funds should be familiar with:
- The Cash Receipts Manual and how to access it.
- The roles of the campus Cashiers Office, campus Accounting, Business Services and Internal Auditing.
- Basic elements of internal control over cash funds.
Business Services should be notified of newly hired employees in cash-handling areas to insure they receive appropriate training.
Emergency Procedures - Business Services will establish emergency procedures to be followed in case of fire, tornado, power outage, robbery and any other emergency situation.