Faculty: What role does the faculty play?
Secondary (Home/Non-Teaching) Institution Faculty Member:
- This faculty member must notify the Registrar's Office and their Instruction Design team of the course(s) that are shared with a primary (host/teaching) campus.
- A responsible faculty member must be listed as the Instructor of Record at the secondary campus (home of the student).
- This faculty member must collect the grades and ensure that they are entered into the home institution's student information system for the participating students
- This faculty member is identified when the two departments agree to participate in the course sharing agreement
- Answers questions about enrollment and helps the student get connected with the faculty member of the primary (host/teaching) campus
Primary (Host/Teaching) Institution Faculty Member:
- This faculty member must notify the Registrar's Office and their Instructional Design team of the course(s) that are shared with a secondary (home/non-teaching) campus.
- Enters students directly in the Learning Management System
- Teaches the course
- Grades the work
- Transfers the grades securely to the "Instructor of Record" to the secondary campus (the student's home campus) for recording in the database and on the transcript
- One recommend method of transmittal is to contact your Blackboard IT team to add the secondary campus instructor as a "TA" to the board so that they may see the grades you post.