- Phone: (573) 882-0607
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jennifer Hollingshead
Office: (573) 882-0601
The University of Missouri Board of Curators is to conduct its regular meeting this Thursday and Friday at the Millennium Student Center on the campus of the University of Missouri-St. Louis. As of Tuesday morning, the Board’s agenda and related documents are publicly accessible at:
This advisory is to assist media organizations in planning coverage of the Board of Curators.
- As part of its budget planning process, the Board’s Finance and Audit Committee is to discuss various scenarios for 2008-2009 tuition during its meeting at 10:30 a.m. Thursday. The Board is to vote on any tuition changes during its April meeting in Rolla. Also Thursday, the Finance and Audit Committee is expected to discuss and vote on various proposed student fees for the four campuses; the fees are subject to a vote of the full Board on Friday, with the general business session starting at 9 a.m.. Background information about tuition, fees and other meeting business may be found at the Board Web site listed above.
- Friday’s general business session marks the debut of live Internet audio streaming for the Board of Curators. The Board approved the live audio streaming initiative to make its work available in real time to University stakeholders. Find Friday morning’s audio stream at this address: http://www.umsystem.edu/stream
- Gary Forsee, President-Designate for the University of Missouri System, will attend the Board of Curators sessions in St. Louis as an observer. President-Designate Forsee is to formally assume his duties as the University’s 22nd President on Monday, February 18. Dr. Gordon H. Lamb continues to serve as Interim President until Mr. Forsee assumes office.
- The Missouri 100, a statewide organization that supports and advises the UM President, is to host a reception and member meeting on Wednesday evening, prior to the Thursday start of the Board of Curators’ sessions in St. Louis. While no Board of Curators business is to be discussed, the media is advised that members of the Board have been invited to attend the reception and meeting. The invitation-only event will run from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Ballroom of the St. Louis Club, 7701 Forsyth Boulevard in Clayton, http://www.stlclub.com
- Cheryl Walker of St. Louis, who will preside for the first time as newly elected chairwoman of the Board of Curators, will join Interim President Gordon H. Lamb for a wrapup news conference 15 minutes after adjournment of Friday’s open meeting, in the Century A&B Ballroom of UMSL’s Millennium Student Center. A mult box will be provided. Audio from the news conference will be available Friday afternoon on the UM System home page, www.umsystem.edu