Chapter 90: Instruments under U.S. Public Law
90.050 Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Board of Curators, as a matter of policy, will comply with the provisions of the United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, and amendments thereto, as well as Executive Orders relative to Civil Rights duly issued by the President of the United States.
- Those officers and employees of the University authorized to execute instruments on behalf of The Curators of the University of Missouri are hereby specifically authorized to execute the following assurance, and others of like nature upon approval thereof by the General Counsel as to form:
- The Curators of the University of Missouri agree that it will comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (P.L. 88-352) and the Regulations of the Office of Economic Opportunity issued pursuant to that title (45 C.F.R. Part 1010), to the end that no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity for which the Applicant receives Federal financial assistance either directly or indirectly from the Office of Economic Opportunity; and HEREBY GIVES ASSURANCE THAT it will immediately take any measures necessary to effectuate this agreement.
- If any real property or structure thereon is provided or improved with the aid of Federal financial assistance extended to the Applicant either directly or indirectly by the Office of Economic Opportunity, this assurance shall obligate the applicant, or in the case of any transfer of such property, any transferee, for the period during which the real property or structure is used for a purpose for which the Federal financial assistance is extended or for another purpose involving the provision of similar services or benefits. If any personal property is so provided, this assurance will obligate the Applicant for the period during which it retains ownership or possession of the property. In all other cases, this assurance shall obligate the Applicant for the period during which the Federal financial assistance is extended to it either directly or indirectly by the Office of Economic Opportunity.
- This assurance is given in consideration of and for the purpose of obtaining either directly or indirectly any and all Federal grants, loans, contracts, property, or discounts, the referral or assignment of VISTA volunteers, or other Federal financial assistance extended after the date hereof to the Applicant by the Office of Economic Opportunity, including installment payments after such date on account of applications for Federal financial assistance which were approved before such date. The Applicant recognizes and agrees that such Federal financial assistance will be extended in reliance on the representations and agreements made in this assurance, and that the United States shall have the right to seek judicial enforcement of this assurance. This assurance is binding on the Applicant, its successors, transferees and assignees, and the person or persons whose signatures appear below are authorized to sign this assurance on behalf of Applicant.