Chapter 460: UMKC Dental Faculty Practice Plan
Bd. Min. 2-11-83.
- Dental Faculty Practice Plan —These rules and regulations shall be known and referred to as the “Dental Faculty Practice Plan.” This plan will operate in accordance with all governing rules and regulations and policies of the University of Missouri, to include Equal Opportunity.
- Plan—The word “plan” as used in these regulations shall be construed to mean the plan herein created for the rendering of professional services to patients, consultation of any other services related to their professional skills rendered to others than the University by members of the faculty of the School of Dentistry of the University of Missouri-Kansas City, providing for the use of any fees or compensation received for such services and providing for additional compensation for those faculty members who become participants in the plan.
- Plan Income —The words “plan income” shall be construed to mean all fees for service received by the University by assignment which are derived from patient care directly delivered by faculty within facilities operated by the School of Dentistry Faculty Practice Plan.
- Dental Clinic —The words “dental clinic” as used herein shall refer to the University Clinic at the School of Dentistry, University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Participant—The word “participant” as used in these regulations shall be construed to mean any member of the faculty of the School of Dentistry who is a member of the plan.
- Practice Group—The words “practice group” or “practice groups” shall refer to those practice groups of the School of Dentistry for whom practice group accounts have ben recommended by the DFPP Committee and approved by the dean and in which one or more faculty members shall have qualified as participants in the plan.
- Practice Group Account —The words “practice group account” or “practice group accounts” shall refer to those practice groups accountability records maintained in the School of Dentistry Business Office in support of the percentage portion of the plan income credited to the practice group as determined by the plan.
- Dental Care Program—The Dental Care Program, as a formal institutional program, will be treated as an entity with the program director functioning, for the purposes of the plan, as a practice group administrator. There will be separate income account for the program. DFPP agreements between the program director, the appropriate distribution will be subject to the provisions of Section 480.070 in the same manner as other sections or practice groups. The program director will be represented on the DFPP Committee but without vote.
- Dean—The word “Dean” shall refer to the Dean of the School of Dentistry, University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- Chancellor—The word “Chancellor” shall refer to the Chancellor of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- President—The word “President” shall refer to the President of the University of Missouri.
- School of Dentistry—The words “School of Dentistry” shall refer to the School of Dentistry, University of Missouri-Kansas City.
- University—The word “University” shall refer to The Curators of the University of Missouri.
- Practice Group Administrator—The words “practice group administrator” shall refer to the head of a practice group which the dean has designated to participate in the plan.
- DFPP Committee—The words “DFPP Committee” shall refer to the committee established by the plan. As an exception to the general regulation providing for the appointment of University committees, there is hereby created a committee to be known as the Dental Faculty Practice Plan Committee.
- Board of Directors —The words “Board of Directors” shall refer to the group described and defined in Section 460.080 E.
- Board—The word “Board” shall refer to the same group as Section 460.010 P (above).
- Base Salary Contract —The words “base salary contract” shall refer to the regular employment contract approved by the University of Missouri.
- Participant Body—The words “participant body” shall refer to the total collective participants in the plan.
- Deduction Rate(s) —The word “group” shall refer to participants within a practice group who pool their plan income.
- Group—The word “group” shall refer to participants within a practice group who pool their plan income.
- Gender—Where the masculine pronoun is used it shall be interpreted as feminine when applicable.