Credit Card Training
As a merchant, do I have to take PCI training?
- Any official, administrator, or affiliate with responsibilities for managing University cardholder transactions and employees or personnel entrusted with handling or processing cardholder payments must complete annual training. Please see the “Cardholder Data Processing Agreement and Annual Training Form”. IT Directors and designated staff must also comply with University Computing Security Standards.
- The training, SANS Securing the Human, is online computer based training that covers PCI as well as other security topics that directly relate to PCI security.
- A link to the training and more information concerning the training will be provided soon.
- The Treasurer's Office will conduct annual onsite training for each Campus and for Hospital and University Physicians.
- Please log into myHR with your paw print and password. To navigate to the training section please click Main Menu -> Self Service -> Personal Information -> HR Training - myLearn. Once myLearn has opened, please search for 2 different training sessions:
- "PCI Compliance: What you need to know" - 30 Minutes
- "Privacy and Information Security" - 1 Hour
- How to keep you Terminal from being tampered with
What are the policies concerning acceptance of credit cards?
- Credit Card Policies
- PCI DSS Compliance
How long are we to retain credit card sales receipts?
- The customer/card holder copy must be given to the customer and the merchant copy retained by the merchant location for not less than two (2) years. (See CRM 302)
To request training for your department or division please contact John Layman and please indicate what topics you would like additional training on.