- Phone: (573) 882-4430
- E-mail: BasiC@umsystem.edu
8:30 A.M. THURSDAY, SEPT. 7, 2023
ALL PUBLIC SESSION MEETINGS TO BE HELD IN MULTIPURPOSE ROOM 401 OF THE STUDENT UNION, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – KANSAS CITY CAMPUS, 5100 CHERRY STREET, KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. ALL START TIMES LISTED ARE APPROXIMATE.
THE HEALTH AFFAIRS COMMITTEE MEETING WAS HELD AUG. 29, 2023, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SEPT. 7, 2023 BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING.
Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2023
11:30 AM – 4:00 P.M. New Curator Campus Orientation – University of Missouri – Kansas City
4:30 – 6:00 P.M. Reception hosted by the Board of Curators and Chancellor C. Mauli Agrawal (by invitation only)
Location: Bloch Heritage Hall, Marion Bloch Terrace and Park, University of Missouri – Kansas City, 5110 Cherry Street, Kansas City, MO 64110
6:30 P.M. Board of Curators Dinner, Kansas City, Missouri (by invitation only)
Thursday, Sept. 7, 2023
I. PUBLIC SESSION - Call to Order (8:30 A.M.)
II. GENERAL BUSINESS
1. University of Missouri Board Chair's Report
2. University of Missouri President's Report
3. Review Consent Agenda
III. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Minutes, June 29, 2023, Board of Curators Meeting
B. Minutes, June 29, 2023, Board of Curators Committee Meetings
C. Minutes, July 10, 2023, Board of Curators Special Meeting
D. Minutes, Aug. 1, 2023, Board of Curators Special Meeting
E. Minutes, Aug. 13, 2023, Board of Curators Special Meeting
F. Degrees, Fall Semester 2023 for all universities
G. Investment Consultant Annual Approval, UM
H. Project Approval, Steam Heating Plant Renewal, UMKC
I. Project Approval, Student Success Atterbury and Miller Nichols Library Renovations, UMKC
J. Project Approval, Engineering Research Lab Addition and Renovation, Missouri S&T
K. Project Approval, Norwood, Parker, and Harris HVAC Systems Replacement, Missouri S&T
L. Project Approval, Schrenk Hall East Renovation, Missouri S&T
M. Project Reapproval, College of Education to Quad Area, UMSL
N. Project Reapproval, Music and Fine Arts Relocation to Arts & Administration Building, North Campus, UMSL
O. Project Reapproval, Thomas Jefferson Library Renovation, UMSL
P. Project Reapproval, Richter Family – Welcome & Alumni Center, UMSL
IV. FINANCE COMMITTEE (Curators Graves, Fry, Layman and Wenneker) – 9:10 A.M.
1. Fiscal Year 2023 Investment Performance Review, UM
Presenter: Tom Richards
1. Strategic Dividend Distribution - Fiscal Year 2024, UM
Presenter: Ryan Rapp
2. Fiscal Year 2024 Mid-Year Modifications to Five-Year Capital Plans for MU, MU Health Care, Missouri S&T, UMKC and UMSL
Presenter: Ryan Rapp
V. AUDIT, COMPLIANCE AND ETHICS COMMITTEE (Curators Williams, Brncic, Holloway and Sinquefield) – 9:35 A.M.
1. Internal Audit, Compliance and Ethics Quarterly Report, UM
Presenter: Michelle Piranio
VI. GOVERNANCE, COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE (Curators Holloway, Blitz, Brncic and Wenneker) – 9:45 A.M.
1. Amendments, Collected Rule and Regulation 200.010, Standard of Conduct, Collected Rule and Regulation 600.020, Sexual Harassment under Title IX – for matters involving conduct alleged to have occurred on or after August 14, 2020, and Collected Rule and Regulation 600.020, Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct in Education/Employment Policy – for matters involving conduct alleged to have occurred prior to Aug. 14, 2020
Presenter: Mark Menghini
VII. HEALTH AFFAIRS COMMITTEE CHAIR REPORT (Curators Wenneker, Brncic, Fry, Holloway, Layman and Mr. Ashworth, Mr. Burger, Mr. Devers & Dr. Whitaker) – 9:55 A.M.
1. Executive Vice Chancellor Report
Presenter: Dr. Rick Barohn
– 10 MINUTE BREAK –
VIII. ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS, RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (Curators Layman, Blitz, Graves and Sinquefield) – 10:15 A.M.
1. UMKC Annual Intercollegiate Athletics Report
Presenter: Brandon Martin
1. Naming Opportunity, MU
Presenter: Chris Daubert
2. New Degree Program, Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering, S&T
Presenters: David Borrok, Hu Yang
3. Resolution for Executive Session of the Academic, Student Affairs, Research and Economic Development Committee, Sept. 7, 2023
IX. GENERAL BUSINESS CONTINUED
1. University of Missouri - Kansas City Campus Highlights
Presenter: Mauli Agrawal
1. Resolution, Greg E. Hoberock
1. Good and Welfare of the Board
1. Resolution for Executive Session of the Board of Curators Meeting, Sept. 7, 2023
X. Press Conference with Board of Curators Chair and UM President
(Time: 11:15 A.M.) time is approximate
Room 402, Student Union
Dial In Number: 888-675-2535
Conference Code: 2794379#
XI. Luncheon for the Board of Curators, President, University of Missouri System Leaders, University of Missouri - Kansas City Faculty and Student Leaders – 11:15 A.M.
Location: Fourth Floor Lobby and Foyer Space
XII. ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS, RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING - EXECUTIVE SESSION
Location: Room 302, Student Union (12:15 P.M. time is approximate)
The Board of Curators will hold an executive session of the Sept. 7, 2023, Academic, Student Affairs, Research and Economic Development Committee meeting, pursuant to Sections 610.021(1), 610.021(3) and 610.021(13) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with university counsel and personnel items, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Academic, Student Affairs, Research and Economic Development Committee.
XIII. BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING - EXECUTIVE SESSION
Location: Room 302, Student Union (12:30 P.M. time is approximate)
The Board of Curators will hold an executive session of the Sept. 7, 2023, meeting, pursuant to Sections 610.021(1), 610.021(2), 610.021(3), 610.021(12) and 610.021(13) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with university counsel, litigation, personnel, property, and contract items, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Board of Curators.
Note: Items identified as “information” above are based on reasonable pre-meeting expectations, but all topics listed on the above agenda, including those identified as information items, may be the subject of votes in addition to discussion.
Board papers will be available on Tuesday at the following address: https://collaborate.umsystem.edu/sites/BOC/