Records Center User Guide - What Records to Send
It is a good practice to review records at least annually, destroying outdated records and sending those not needed in the office to the Records Center.
All University records that have official retention schedules can be stored in the Records Center. This includes most records commonly found in all departments and many records specific to a single department.
Records that do not have retention schedules may be stored in the Records Center, provided the department agrees to the development of a retention schedule for their records at the earliest possible time. The development of a schedule insures that the records will be retained long enough to meet the University's needs.
What NOT to Send
- Active records (referred to more than monthly)
- Outdated or obsolete material
- Non-record material: (see Business Policy Manual #902 for more detail)
- Extra reference copies of records
- Stocks of publications, pamphlets, blank forms, etc.
- Private materials
- If in doubt, call Micah Francisco (573-882-1449) or Willie Jones (573-882-5955) before sending.