Records Center Users Guide
For University Department Use Only
University departments wishing to request the return of records they have stored at the Records Center may email their request to email@example.com. This address should not be used by individuals to request academic or personal records such as transcripts, CEU credits, etc.
The Records Center provides secure low cost storage of inactive University records that must be retained to meet fiscal, legal, administrative, research or historical requirements. Records are stored in accordance with official University Policy.
Storing records in the Records Center instead of office space is a more efficient use of space resources. The stored records are secure and easily retrieved. More than 400 departments from all four campuses are currently storing over 90,000 boxes of records.
Records Center Phone Numbers
- To request Records Center forms: 882-7652
- To request office pick up of records or refiles in Columbia: 882-7652
- Questions about records retention or disposal: 882-1449, 882-5955
- What Records to Send
- Steps for Sending Records
- Disposition of Records
- Recalling Records from Records Management
- Online Request for Return of Record from Records Center / Out Card