If your organization is considering renting a bounce house or other inflatables for an event the following steps will be necessary to ensure compliance with safety and insurance guidelines:
For approval Risk & Insurance Management will request:
- Set up, operation, and tear down of inflatables to be done by vendor
- Vendor to carry Commercial General Liability coverage of $1 Mil/$2 MIL including statutory workers’ comp coverage
- The Curators of the University of Missouri is to be named an additional insured on vendor liability insurance
- Participant waivers be signed at event
- Vendor contract must be provided and excludes any language that will place liability on The Curators of the University of Missouri for vendor’s negligence. Contract will need to go through contract review process including Supply Chain, Office of General Counsel and RIM.
- Vendor’s safety guidelines must be reviewed prior to event to ensure adequacy
No later than 10 business days prior to the event you must provide Risk & Insurance Management:
- Date, location, and name of organization hosting event
- Information on who will be participating in the activity
- Evidence of Insurance for the vendor naming The Curators of the University of Missouri as an additional insured
- Copy of vendor contract
- Copy of vendors safety guidelines
Risk & Insurance Management will review the request to rent an inflatable and will contact you to discuss moving forward with the planned event.
Please contact Josh Lowrance, Risk Management Consultant, at (573)882-3741 with any questions.