Bd. Min. 9-7-22.
- Eligibility – Regular benefit-eligible administrative, service and support positions and certain non-regular academic employees as approved by the Chancellor and President who have accrued available sick leave balances as of the effective date of Collected Rule and Regulation 340.025 Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Beginning Balance – Beginning sick leave balance is the number of sick hours recorded in the university's central payroll system at the time of implementation of this rule.
- Using Sick Leave – Eligible employees may use sick leave balances under the following circumstances:
- Short-Term Disability - Payment during the required elimination period may be allowed by the use of Sick Leave or other available paid time off. Use of Sick Leave may also be allowed to make up the difference between what is paid by Short-Term Disability and the employee’s regular pay.
- Workers’ Compensation - Payment during the required waiting period may be allowed by the use of Sick Leave or other available paid time off. Use of Sick Leave may also be allowed to make up the difference between what is paid by Workers’ Compensation and the employee’s regular pay.
- Illness and Injury, Other – After an employee has exhausted PTO, Short-Term Disability (if applicable), and Parental and Caregiver Leave (if applicable), an employee may use available Sick Leave subject to limits stated in the sick leave policy in effect one day prior to the effective date of this rule.
- Separation of Employment – Upon separation of employment, employees will not receive payment for any unused accumulated sick leave.
- Retirement -- Employees will receive additional creditable service in calculating retirement benefits for all unused accumulated sick leave, subject to the terms of the applicable retirement plan. Sick leave credit is allowed only upon retirement and does not apply to deferred vested benefits.
- Effective date – The provisions of this CRR will be effective on or around January 1, 2024 as approved by the President and Vice President of Human Resources.