Compensation resources for managers
- Career management - Tool managers can use to recruit, reward, and retain talent and hard work
- myLearn - Encourage your employees to log in to myLearn, through myHR, for free, on-demand programs for their particular career and skills.
- Leadership Development Program – for faculty
- Administrative Leadership Development Program – for staff
- Faculty Salary Comparator Data – Data on salaries for UM faculty, with comparison data for peer institutions.
- Total Compensation Calculator - A decision-making tool to help employees considering a career with the university understand what their total compensation is worth.
- Information on Leave - Details on the different types of leave employees can accrue or utilize.
- Leadership Administration Guidelines (PDF, 187KB) – For managers of non-union, non-academic employees under the global grading system, this guide helps you understand the process you and your fellow supervisors go through to provide equitable employee assessments.
- Non-academic staff compensation and administration program (PDF, 614KB) - For managers of non-union, non-academic employees under the global grading system, this presentation explains the salary and job structures that are the foundation for your employees’ career progression.
- IT career path (PDF, 2.9MB) – Use this document to help explain career titles and paths for IT professionals.
- Pay matrices – Salary ranges for each pay grade associated with your employees’ titles, and calibrated with the market.
- Annual review - Managers play a critical role in employee success and advancement. A key responsibility of every manager is to have thoughtful discussions about your employees' performance-most importantly, you should conduct a formal review process annually. These performance appraisal resources can help:
- Job Code Detail - Understand the minimum qualifications and essential functions for jobs that you supervise.
- Merit handbook – For employees/managers in the immediate UM System offices – Links pay to merit. Recommend annual merit increases based on performance and where your employees fall within their ranges.
- Position Classification Questionnaire (PDF, 240KB) – Propose a reclassification of an employee’s current job.
- Service awards – Honor your employees for their long-time contributions.
Reviewed February 09, 2016.