Compensation Resources for Managers
- Compensation Leadership Administration Guidelines
- Job Code Detail
- Pay Matrices
- Position Classification Questionnaire
- UM System Merit Handbook
Understand our staff compensation program
- Most non-academic, non-union-eligible staff were converted to a new title and salary structure in 2014. Find details in the Compensation Leadership Administration Guidelines (PDF).
- Review the Non-Academic Staff Compensation Structure and Administration presentation (PDF) to learn more.
- Employees working in information techonology positions are classified differently. Consult the IT Career Path Structure (PDF) to understand career titles and paths for IT professionals.
- Access the Position Classification Questionnaire (PDF) to propose a re-classification of an employee's current job.
Find employee job descriptions
Use the Job Code Detail webpage to find job descriptions related to your employees. Learn what the minimum qualifications and essential functions are for jobs in your area.
Prepare for annual reviews
Managers play a critical role in employee success and advancement. A key job of every manager is to have thoughtful discussions about your employees' performance--most importantly, you should conduct a formal review process annually. These performance appraisal resources can help:
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- University of Missouri-St. Louis
- University of Missouri Extension
- University of Missouri Health Care (Intranet)
- University of Missouri System
Recommend merit increases
In 2014, the University of Missouri System took steps to link salary increases to merit. Managers recommend annual merit increases based on performance and where your employees fall within their ranges. The merit increase program pertains to System employees only. It does not pertain to other University of Missouri institutions in Columbia, Kansas City, Rolla or St. Louis.
Learn more about merit increases with:
- Pay Matrices -- This application provides you with the salary range assigned to each employee's grade.
- UM System Merit Handbook (PDF)
- A video about the handbook: