Register for the upcoming April 6-7 session of the Dale Carnegie High Impact Presentations Training, held in Cornell Hall 42, Columbia, MO.
Please check back for enrollment options.
All staff from MU, UMKC, Missouri S&T, UMSL, MU Health, MU Extension and the UM System are eligible to apply for participation. Seating will be limited to 18 participants and priority will be given to staff members who have limited or no opportunities to attend professional development during the work week.
- Session dates: Saturday and Sunday, April 25-26, 2020
- Location: Cornell Hall 42, Columbia, MO
High Impact Presentations focuses on structuring an effective presentation that will build credibility, enhance a client relationship and clearly convey your concept. Participants will explore the optimum use of voice and gesture to create a lasting impression as well as a variety of presentation styles, ranging from a formal speech to a casual meeting or contentious conversation.
Participants are given multiple opportunities to develop and practice innovative presentations and will be videotaped, evaluated and mentored by an expert until they have achieved the ultimate goal--the ability to deliver a masterful presentation.
A presentation is a critical business tool. Whether your communication goal is to persuade, sell or inspire, your presentation is what will differentiate you from your competitors. Think of it as the jewel in your crown. When properly executed, your presentation will make you stand out. Your audience will view you as prepared, informed and confident.
Since 1912 Dale Carnegie has provided business people the tools to successfully navigate complex business environments. This program provides the skills that empower professionals to communicate confidently and competently to all types of audiences. We illustrate proven methods and techniques that allow you to develop compelling presentations with universal appeal, yielding consistent, positive results.
The class is small. The environment is supportive. The work is intense. And the results are outstanding.
What We Will Cover:
- Creating a positive impression
- Increasing credibility
- Presenting complex information
- Communicating with greater impact
- Motivating others to action
- Overcoming adverse situations
- Inspiring people to embrace change
- Effecting change
Learn How To:
- Persuade your audience using indisputable data.
- Lead effective Q&A sessions.
- Communicate with clarity and certainty.
- Interact with a natural and composed demeanor.
- Illustrate complex material directly and simply.
- Demonstrate unfamiliar material expertly.
- Project confidence and enthusiasm that builds credibility.
Costs associated with the training will be covered by the UM System Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Individuals or sponsoring departments are responsible for any costs associated with participants’ travel, housing accommodations and food.