The Office of Academic Affairs performs a variety of functions within the University of Missouri System. The Office provides leadership for matters that affect academic programs; serves as a liaison to and supports the Board of Curators Academic, Student Affairs, Research and Economic Development Committee; represents the UM System in statewide forums relating to higher education; provides an academic affairs perspective on legislative, financial, and policy issues; and supports the UM Academic Officers Group (UMAO), Intercampus Faculty Cabinet (IFC), and the Intercampus Student Council (ISC).
To learn more about the office’s various functions and responsibilities, select one of the links below:
- Academic Program Actions
- Board of Curators (page under development)
- Faculty Awards
- Faculty Policies and Procedures
- Statewide Initiatives (page under development)
- Course Sharing
- Cross Enrollment (page under development)
- Honorary Degrees (page under development)
Groups supported by UMAA:
- Intercampus Faculty Cabinet (IFC)
- Intercampus Student Council (ISC)
- Associated Students of the University of Missouri (ASUM)
- UM Academic Officers Group (UMAO)
About the UM System
The University of Missouri System includes four distinct universities: the University of Missouri – Columbia (MU), the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC), the Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T), and the University of Missouri – St. Louis (UMSL).
University of Missouri Chief Academic Officers
Our office works routinely with the four UM Provosts and their staffs to fulfill the mission of academic affairs. You can learn more about the Provost's Office at each University by clicking the links below.