Intercampus Course Sharing
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: New round of funding available for faculty interested in intercampus course sharing
Fall 2016 RFP
Submission Schedule & Forms
- October 14 - Submit your draft proposal to be reviewed and approved by a campus Instructional Designer
- October 21 - Submit your final proposal to your Provost Office for recommendation
- October 28 - Your Provost Office will forward any recommended RFPs to Academic Affairs for committee review
- Click here to download proposal guidelines and to learn more (PDF).
- Click here to download the proposal templace in Word.
The Intercampus Course Sharing initiative was designed to encourage the sharing of courses among the four UM System campuses to increase options for students, provide opportunities for faculty development leaves, or even expand departmental offerings. Through the initiative courses can be delivered via conferencing software, as a blended or hybrid course, as a fully online class, or through other similar methods.
Information for faculty
- Course Sharing Agreements: How do agreements get developed?
- Course Offerings: How do we set up the course sections?
- Faculty: What role does the faculty play?
- Student Enrollment: How will students enroll and be included in the class sections?
- Faculty Checklist (for use each semester)
Information for students
- Grading and Transcripts: How will they be managed?
- Financial Aid: How will eligible students receive financial aid?
- Billing: How will students be billed?
Fall 2016 List of shared courses avaible on the student's home campus
|Discipline||Campus of Distance Student||Subject||Catalog||Description||Campus of Lead Instructor||Lead Instructor||Instructor of Record
(on Student's Campus)
|Civil Engineering||MU||CIV ENG||4500||Introduction to Construction Management||S&T||Showalter, William||Inniss, Enos|
|Computer Science||UMSL||COMP SCI||5700||Computer Systems: Introduction to High Performance Computer Architecture||S&T||Hurson, Ali||Bhatia, Sanjiv|
|Electrical Engineering||EL ENG||Classical Optics||S&T||Yamilov, Alexey|
|Gerontology||GERON||Aging in America: Cnpt & Contr||UMSL|
|Labor Studies||UMKC||ECON||340||Collective Bargaining||UMSL||Giljum, Donald & Russell, Robert|
|Labor Studies||UMSL||POLI SCI||3890||Labor in the Global Political Economy||UMKC||Ancel, Judith|
|Language & Global Education||MU||ELPA||9407||Seminar in Educational Policy: Historical and Cultural Perspectives on Global Issues||UMSL||Cohen, Deborah||Dorner, Lisa|
|Nursing||UMSL||NURSING||7212||Biostatistics II||MU||Deroche, Chelsea||Records, Kathryn|
|Nursing||UMSL||NURSING||7490||Design & Methods||MU||Phillips, Lorraine||Hseuh, Kuei-Hsiang|
|Nursing||UMSL||NURSING||7529||Spec Topics in Qualitative System Reviews||MU||Finfgeld-Connett, Deborah||Records, Kathryn|
|Philosophy (Ethics)||UMSL||PHILOS||Introduction to Ethics||S&T||Finch, Jonathan A.|
|Philosophy (Ethics)||S&T||PHILOS||4345||Philosophy of Science||UMSL||Black, Andrew||Finch, Jonathan|
|Physics||UMSL||PHYSICS||Modern Optics||S&T||Yamilov, Alexey|
|Physics (Quantum Mech)||UMSL||PHYSICS||Quantum Mechanics||S&T||Parris, Paul|
|Soc./Hist. of Technology||UMSL||ANTHRO/SOC||2192/3291||Current Issues in Sociology:
Architecture, Technology and Society, 1750 to present.
|S&T||Schramm, Jeff||Keel, Robert|
|Social Work||MU||SOCWK||8220||Integrated Health Policy||UMSL||Porterfield, Shirley|
|Social Work||UMSL||SOCWK||6444||Advanced Social Work Practice in Integrated Health Care||MU||Cary, Suzanne|
|Social Work||UMSL||SOC WK||6900||Social Policy and Mil Veterans: Mil Cultures and Helping Professions||MU||Lewis, Alexandria|
|Social Work||MU||SOCWK||7340||Topics in Social Work: Social Policy & Military Family||UMSL||Craig, James Richard|
|Tech. Writing||S&T||ENGLISH||3001||Special Topics: Advanced Business and Technical Writing: Publishing||UMSL||Allison, Jeanne||Malone,Ed A.|
|Tech. Writing||S&T||ENGLISH||3560||Technical Writing||UMSL||Klein, William|
|Tech. Writing||UMSL||ENGLISH||4160||Special Topics In Writing: Usability Studies||S&T|
|Tech. Writing||S&T||TCH COM||3570||Writing in the Sciences||UMSL||Klein, William|