The University of Missouri System Office of eLearning serves the four UM System universities with resources for administering online courses and programs. It also provides state-of-the-art technology platforms to support digital learning. eLearning's work increases access for students in Missouri, the Midwest and across the nation to a four-university network of accredited, highly ranked and outcomes-oriented online educational offerings.
The Missouri Online Office of eLearning supports each university in the UM System by providing vision, leadership, and services that promote(s) excellence, quality, and scale for online and digital learning experiences. We support courses, regardless of modality, with academic technology support and instructional design services. We support instructors with professional development opportunities. We support all online programs with marketing and program support, and we partner with our campuses to recruit, enroll, retain, and graduate all students within the UM System.
Our vision is to provide transformative digital learning experiences for a globally diverse student body. To do this, we will:
- Support our world-class faculty and staff via high-quality professional development opportunities, which include online teaching certification, online course design and development, and quality course review, and via regular training opportunities featuring tools, technologies, and evidence-based best practices to create optimal online and digital learning experiences;
- Deliver high-quality, accessible, inclusive, interactive online and digital learning environments for faculty, staff, and students;
- Support all students, both distance and campus-based, by ensuring easy and equal access to student services; and provide additional coaching to distance students.
- Build a community of empowered learners who are focused on the future.
- Champion collaboration among online academic programs within the UM System.
- Be collaborators
- Be change agents
- Be curious
- Be transparent
- Be invested
For more information about each value, click here.