The Trans World Airlines scholarship fund was established to fund students who are performing research in areas which will impact environmental issues. Students will be selected based on academic accomplishments as well as their research interests.
Proceeds from the Trans World Airlines scholarship fund will be distributed to at least seven students: two or more law students (up to $7,000 each) selected by the law schools and five additional students (up to $7,000 each) selected by a systemwide selection committee.
The scholarship will be for the following academic year, payable in two equal amounts at the beginning of each semester. Students who complete their studies at the conclusion of the first semester will not be eligible for the second half of the award. All scholarship recipients will be notified in May.
- Students must be currently enrolled full-time as Missouri residents as classified by the Registrar's Office for tuition purposes. Nonresident students with out-of-state tuition waivers do not qualify.
- Graduate and undergraduate applicants must be currently enrolled at the University of Missouri in environmental engineering or environmental science. Graduate students are eligible at any level; undergraduate students must have completed 60 hours of college course work, not necessarily at the University of Missouri.
- Law students who intend to pursue a career in the area of natural resources or environmental law are eligible.
- Prior TWA scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply.
- Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of grade point average, research, and other relevant experience.
Applicants must complete the online Trans World Airlines, Inc., Scholarship Application Form by Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
The application includes personal statement. A preview of the online application is available here.
In addition, applicants are asked to provide references from three individuals who will indicate intellectual capabilities, research experience, and commitment to environmental issues. References letters should be submitted to UMAcademicAffairs@umsystem.edu by April 6, 2022.
Deadline: Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Should you have questions about the applications procedures, please email Zandra Kent at UMAcademicAffairs@umsystem.edu.