Risk and Insurance Management

Welcome to Risk and Insurance Management

Risk and Insurance Management (RIM) organizes, coordinates, and implements programs to control risks for all University of Missouri campuses.

Our Services

  • Auto Insurance: Do I buy insurance on rental cars? How do I insure a newly purchased vehicle?
  • Claims Services: How do I file a claim, report a property loss, or an auto accident?
  • General Liability Insurance: Obtain proof that you, your program, or your department's event is covered by UM's self-funded program.
  • International Travel: Need proof of coverage for a visa application? Learn about services that are in place for international travel for faculty and staff at no charge.  
  • Property Insurance: Insure property owned by UM, a grant or on loan to the University.
  • Risk ConsultingAsk for advice about identifying and reducing risks associated with your activities or have a contract insurance language reviewed
  • Risk Financing and Insurance Coverages: Insure your risks – What options are available to cover your risks.
  • Workers' Compensation: Learn about Workers' Compensation at the University of Missouri.

If you have any questions not addressed in these pages, you can reach us via email ( or our main phone 573-882-8100.

Reviewed 2016-01-27.

Search RIM: