UM Procurement/Supply Chain Operations is a division within the Office of Finance at the University of Missouri System. It encompasses multiple functions – Procurement and Contracting; Surplus and Asset Management; Operations; and Training and Support Services. The function of UM Procurement/Supply Chain Operations is to administer procurement for all departments across all business units in accordance with the responsibility and authority delegated by the University’s Board of Curators.
Procurement and Contracting
- Facilitate the processing of lower dollar requisitions into purchase orders and assure that processes related to acquisition are conducted in a consistent and thorough manner
- Facilitate request for bids and requests for proposals and execute contracts
- Consolidate spend into strategic agreements
- Plan and execute effective negotiation strategies to increase value and savings
- Administer and support all Corporate Card activities associated with virtual Single Use Accounts
- Manage, Maintain and support Procurement/Supply Chain related system applications including eProcurement and Inventory Modules of Peoplesoft and the Show Me Shop Catalog Application
Surplus & Asset Management
- Dispose, re-use or sell all used equipment and capital assets for the University
- Identify and track all capital assets owned by the University of Missouri
- Track, title and license all University owned vehicles and related assets, and administer the WEX Fleet Card program
Training and Support Services
Training and Support Services provides phone and email support for purchasing specific issues, including but not limited to PeopleSoft eProcurement, Show-Me Shop, One Card, Surplus Property, and policies and procedures. Training and Support Services is available Monday through Friday via phone 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and by e-mail 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. See the Training and Support Services contact numbers in the left menu for your campus information.