Revised Bd. Min. 10-9-81; Amended Bd. Min. 7-22-83.
- General Policy -- Leaves of absence are granted to members of the staff of the University for institutional purposes. Leaves of absence provide opportunity for the reflection, research, and professional development essential in a scholarly community. The several classes of leaves of absence are described in the following sections.
- Upon expiration of a leave of absence, the employee shall be eligible for reinstatement to his former position or to one of similar requirements and compensation.
- Should a position not be available at the time of return to work, the leave of absence may be extended until such time as a position for which the employee is qualified becomes available.
- Failure to return to work upon expiration of the leave of absence or when a position becomes available shall result in termination of the employee's services.
- Leave of absence shall be granted only to staff members who have bonafide intention of returning to the University at the termination of the leave.