Revised Bd. Min. 10-9-81; Amended Bd. Min. 7-22-83, 10-30-87 and 01-31-08; Amended Bd. Min. 9-26-19.
- Eligible Employees -- Administrative, Service and Support employees are eligible to apply for a development leave to pursue personal, professional, instructional, or administrative development. (Faculty eligibility and conditions for development leave are addressed in CRR 340.070.)
- Conditions for Granting Leave
- Development leave may be taken for a period of time up to a full year.
- If an Administrative, Service & Support employee receives external fellowship or grant support for a development leave, the University may supplement such support to provide full regular salary; if such external support is not received, the University may provide full regular salary. Additional travel funds and leave related expenses may be provided as deemed appropriate.
- Administrative, Service & Support employees who are granted paid development leaves must state their intention to return to the University for the same amount of time they plan to be gone. Return of the employee for such period of time does not guarantee that the period of such leave shall be taken into account as service credit for purposes of any University retirement plan. Exemptions to returning to the University at the conclusion of the leave can only be granted by the president upon recommendation of the chancellor.
- All Administrative, Service & Support employees must file a report of their accomplishments during the leave period as specified by their chancellor or chancellor's designee.