Our university is constantly working to develop solutions that protect sensitive information, and that work is even more important as phishing and other forms of cyber attacks become more complex. The Information Security team continues to institute both procedural and technological safeguards to keep our systems and assets secure. Click on the links below to learn more about current projects or check in on past projects and get answers to the frequently asked questions surrounding new technologies. You can also review information on planned efforts for the future below.
- MFA Fraud Alerting
- Shared Resource Account Conversion
- Conversation Clean-Up Tool
- Automatic Forwarding to External Recipient
- Cloud mailbox migration
- Safe Attachments and Safe Links
- Shortcuts for a simpler email experience
- Data loss prevention technology
Email management and other information security procedures and technologies will continue to be implemented in the future. These include, but are not limited to:
- Secure Authentication updates (Summer/Fall 2021)
- Email account retention and exception procedures (TBD)
- Abandoned email account procedures (TBD)
New procedures and technologies will not be implemented until published and communicated to our university community. All users will have ample time to prepare their inboxes prior to any significant shifts. More information can be found at https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/is/data-security-program.