Bd. Min. 11-10-67, p. 33,579; Amended 8-6-71, p. 35,988; Amended 5-23-03; Amended 9-9-04; Amended 3-23-06, Amended 7-21-06, Amended 10-6-06, Amended 4-6-07, Amended 6-1-07, Amended 2-6-09, Amended 9-24-10, Amended 5-19-11, Amended 4-15-16, Amended 9-15-16, Amended Bd. Min. 2-1-18; Amended Bd. Min. 2-6-20; Amended Bd. Min. 4-9-2020.
The Chair of the Board of Curators, subject to the approval of the Board, shall appoint the following standing committees: ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS, RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE; AUDIT, COMPLIANCE AND ETHICS COMMITTEE; GOVERNANCE AND COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE; FINANCE COMMITTEE; and HEALTH AFFAIRS COMMITTEE. In the event a new Curator(s) takes office prior to the next regular Board meeting, the Board Chair has the authority to temporarily appoint the new Curator(s) to standing committees. Their permanent appointment shall be subject to the approval of the Board at the next regular Board meeting. The Board Chair shall designate one member of each committee as committee chair. The Chair of the Board shall consider in making such appointment that no committee should be left without continuity. If a committee chair is unavailable for a meeting, they shall have the ability to designate a temporary appointment as committee chair or the Board Chair may designate the temporary appointment if the committee chair is unable to.
- Academic, Student Affairs, Research and Economic Development Committee -
The Academic, Student Affairs, Research and Economic Development Committee may have referred to it matters relating to curricula, faculty, students, research and economic development and intercollegiate athletics.
- Audit, Compliance and Ethics Committee -
The Audit Committee will assist the Board of Curators in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities relating to: the integrity of the University's financial statements, the systems of internal control, the performance of the University's independent auditors and internal audit function, the independent auditor's qualifications and independence, and the University's compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Governance, Compensation and Human Resources Committee -
Governance, Compensation and Human Resources Committee will help the Board function effectively, efficiently and with integrity and may have referred to it matters relating to the compensation, benefits and other human resource functions of the University and associated programs and policies.
- Finance Committee - The Finance Committee may have referred to it matters relating to the fiscal, accounting and fundraising functions of the University and associated programs and policies.
- Health Affairs Committee - The Health Affairs Committee will assist the Board of Curators in overseeing the clinical health care operations of the University and in coordinating those operations in furtherance of the University’s teaching, research, and clinical missions. The Health Affairs Committee shall receive and review regular reports from University of Missouri Health Care (“MU Health Care”) and the MU School of Medicine’s faculty practice plan (“University Physicians”).
- Each Committee shall receive such other matters as may be referred to it by the Chair of the Board of Curators.
- Said Committees shall investigate the matters referred to them and make recommendations to the Board.
- Each of said Committees shall meet as business requires and upon the call of the Chair of the Committee.
- Each Committee shall review and, if necessary, revise its charter on an annual basis.
- Committee charters shall be presented to the full Board for approval each year and published on the Board’s website.