Chapter 170: Communications
170.020 University Press
Bd. Min. 5-3-58, p. 12,640; Bd. Min. 10-5-62, p. 21,311; Bd. Min. 1-19-68, p. 33,640; Amended Bd. Min. 3-25-83; Revised 10-1-98; Revised 4-10-15.
- Whereas, it is deemed necessary to unite the editorial and publication functions now exercised by the University of Missouri Studies and the Missouri Hand Book Series published by the College of Arts and Science and make provision for the publication of such books as the University decides are desirable from the standpoint of the University and the State and to make provision for the handling of these matters under one head.
- Now, therefore, be it resolved that there is established effective July 1, 1958, the University of Missouri Press. The Press shall operate under guidelines approved by the Chancellor of the Columbia campus.
- An editorial board for the Press will be established. It should have representation from all UM campuses.
- Curators Publication Award
- An Award known as the Curators Publication Award shall be offered no more than once a year to a faculty member of the University of Missouri for an outstanding manuscript selected by the Press Committee and published by the University Press.
- The stipend associated with the award will be $2,500.
Next Rule: 170.030 Broadcast Facilities
Previous Rule: 170.010 Publications