Celebrating a successful year
This month, more than 4,400 Miners, Roos, Tigers and Tritons received degrees during December commencement ceremonies. Congratulations, graduates! Looking ahead, 2024 will be another historic year for the UM System. Plans are already in place for promising research and engagement, including the inaugural PATHWAYS Symposium on March 22. Hosted by the NextGen Precision Health initiative, this event will build new collaborations between students, faculty and staff across our campuses. By coming together, we can reshape the future of health care in Missouri and beyond. I hope you all have a safe, restful holiday season, and I look forward to celebrating excellence across the system in the new year.
Congratulations December Graduates
More than 4,400 graduates from MU, S&T, UMKC and UMSL received their degrees this December in ceremonies Dec. 15 and 16.
- Photo gallery: MU December commencement
- Photo gallery: S&T December commencement
- UMKC celebrates 2023 mid-year graduates
- UMSL Fall 2023 commencement: A Saturday for celebration
When a large, white object carrying a string of pink boxes was seen floating through the sky not far from Roswell, New Mexico, on Oct. 14, no one blamed aliens, as was the case during the community’s 1947 UFO incident.
- MU is improving health care one simulation at a time
- UMKC civil engineering student makes KC Streetcar his classroom
- Benjamin VandenBrink first UMSL runner to qualify for the NCAA Division II Cross Country Championship
Molecular biologist Paul de Figueiredo and his team at the University of Missouri are pushing the envelope by striving to create a single-use cancer therapeutic.
- S&T gives new life to 'unusable' waste
- UMKC student, mentor win same research award 34 years apart
- 'Zoo kid' finds a home at UMSL
The University of Missouri–St. Louis Addiction Science Team packs and distributes more than 3,000 overdose prevention kits each week with doses of naloxone and information about treatment for addiction.
- MU Research Reactor is saving and improving lives in Missouri and around the globe
- S&T celebrated STEM Day with a bang ... and 'traschcano'
- UMKC holds Henry W. Bloch School of Management Regnier Institute's 37th annual Entrepreneur of the Year awards
UMKC was awarded $4 million in federal and Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation grants to build upon existing digital health strengths in the Kansas City area.
- MU named one of the best colleges for future leaders by Time magazine
- U.S. News ranks Missouri S&T as state's top public engineering school
- UMSL's Succeed director Jonathan Lidgus receives 2023 State Level Leadership Award