There is a retirees association affiliated with each UM System university and all work to serve the interests of their retiree communities and actively promote the welfare of their institution. Associations offer membership options for retirees and some may extend invitations to pre-retirees, spouses and partners, as well as for retirees from other campuses. Select your university below to learn more about the affiliated retirees association.
UM Retirees Association Offerings
Retirees association offerings include:
- Advocacy for retirees
- University town halls on health care benefits and pensions
- Social programs and events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Educational programs and other learning opportunities
- Organizational meetings
- Communications with university news
- And more!
Spring 2022 Retiree Town Hall
UM System Retiree Virtual Town Hall | Wednesday, May 18, 2022
The spring virtual town hall focused on the university's retirement plans. University leaders shared information and answer questions about the retirement plans, pension details and more.
Trouble viewing the video? Click here to view on YouTube.
Some questions related to the financial management of the pension plan are available in the Retirement, Disability and Death Benefit Plan Financial Management Policy Q&A (PDF). Additional questions and answers submitted will be posted to this page as details become available.
Click on a header to expand the selection and uncover additional information.
Past UM Retiree Events
- October 7, 2021 - Fall 2021 Retiree Town Hall
- May 12, 2021 - Spring 2021 Retiree Town Hall
- October 2, 2020 - UM System Retiree Health Benefits Virtual Town Hall
- May 6, 2020 - Virtual Town Hall for Retirees (COVID-19)
UM Connection is produced quarterly for the retirees of the four-campus University of Missouri System. The publication is a partnership between the Office of Engagement, the Office of Human Resources and the UM Retirees Association Leaders.