The university presents employees who have reached milestones in their career with a certificate honoring their contributions, beginning with five years of service. It is a privilege to recognize the achievements of the employees who have been part of our university family for five, 10, 15, 20 or more years.
Tips for Supervisors
- Managers play an important role in honoring employees’ years of service. Visit the list of service award tips to present awards in the manner your employees would most appreciate it.
- See HR-305 Service Recognition for details on the program policies.
Gift Cards from FY20 or Before
- Per IRS codes, the gift card must be used on tangible personal property. Tangible personal property is considered to be things you can touch, so not a service or an experience.
- The funds on your gift card do not have an expiration date, but the gift card issued to you does have a "use by" date. Should your gift card not be used by the date printed on the card, you will need to contact American Express to request a new card be issued.
- Transaction denied for insufficient funds - If you receive this message while using your card, inform the merchant how much is on the card and that you will pay the remainder in cash (or other method). You receive one notice for insufficient funds for free; subsequent notices are $0.50 each.
- Customer service - If you call customer service, you get three free calls. Then, they are $0.25 each. Your activation call counts as one of the three customer service calls.
- Card replacement -
- Standard - If you lose your card and call to have a replacement card sent to you via standard delivery, your card will have $5.00 deducted from it when you receive it.
- Expedited - If you lose your card and call to have a replacement card sent to you via expedited delivery, your card will have $17.50 deducted from it when you receive it.
- Inactive account - $1.50 per month is deducted from your card after 365 days without use.
- International transactions - Using your card outside of the United States incurs a fee of 3% of the transaction.
- MU - (573) 882-2943
- MU Health System - (573) 882-8187
- UMKC - (816) 235-1621
- Missouri S&T - (573) 341-4241
- UMSL - (314) 516-5805
- UM System - (573) 882-2146