- Provide support services in those areas where value is added or consistency among campuses is necessary.
- Build relationships with campus staff where they seek System staff advice and assistance because of the quality of services and expertise provided.
- Use effective communications to improve services.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of services by developing and implementing innovations while using appropriate technology.
- Support staff development to maintain highly competent staff and provide the tools, environment and opportunity where staff can make decisions.
- Be the leader among State and higher education institutions in using, supporting and developing minority business enterprises.
- Promote the University of Missouri by sharing information with national organizations and developing nationally recognized programs.