IBM Cognos Analytics 11 is the enterprise solution for standardized reporting for University of Missouri System data. Cognos 11 brings new capabilities including data visualization and data storytelling, adding these to its suite of tools for reporting and business intelligence.
What's New in Cognos Analytics 11?
Introduction to Cognos Analytics Home
UM Training Documents
- What's New in Cognos Analytics
- Legacy HR Reports User Manual
- Faculty Salary Comparator Data User Manual
- Hyperion Data Warehouse Reports in Cognos
The following training materials are for accessing and running QuikPay reports.
The following training materials are for accessing and running E-Commerce reports.
Cognos Analytics Basics
If you are licensed to use Cognos Analytics and would like to follow along with the reports created in this guide, access the Cognos development environment at https://devreports.umsystem.edu, and search for the Go Sales (Query) package. If you are interested in a developer license, please contact the Enterprise Reporting Team.
About Cognos Licensing
Depending on what products that the user is licensed to use, Cognos users at UM fall into two categories:
- Consumers: Consumers are allowed to run and view content in Cognos Analytics. Access to content is determined by the report developer and requires approval from the data owner.
- Developers: Developers can be licensed to use the various Cognos Analytics reporting tools. Contact the Enterprise Reporting Team for more information about developer licenses.
About Cognos Packages
A Package is a specially prepared data model required for reporting in IBM Cognos. Each UM campus has one or more staff licensed to build Cognos Packages. It is highly recommended that report writers work with their campus package developer before building reports.
If you have questions that are not answered by the information on these pages or if you need assistance, please contact Enterprise Reporting Team.
Accessibility: We provide accommodations to people with disabilities upon request. If you encounter something that is not accessible on this web page, please call Tech Support at (573) 882-5000 for assistance.