- Phone: (573) 882-6441
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The University of Missouri System Interim President Middleton and President-designate Choi, along with the University of Missouri-Columbia chancellor search committee today approved the position profile for the next MU chancellor to guide recruitment efforts led by Isaacson, Miller search consultants.
The following qualifications were determined after various campus-wide meetings to engage stakeholders were held, including a public open forum conversation related to the search:
- Demonstrated ability to craft a compelling vision for public higher education resonant with a diverse set of constituents; demonstrated excellence in the promotion of research, pedagogy, access, and inclusion at an institution of higher education;
- A collaborative and transparent leadership style attentive to the ideals of shared governance and respectful of the viewpoints and contributions of all members of the MU community;
- An abiding interest in the development and success of students of all backgrounds, and a demonstrated commitment to student issues and support needs;
- A record of supporting excellence in leading-edge, interdisciplinary, impactful research and the pursuit of academic excellence;
- The acumen necessary to cultivate key political, civic, and business relationships essential to leading a public university in a time of increasing funding constraints; demonstrated success in securing philanthropic resources to sustain a complex enterprise;
- The communication skills to form rapid connections with a wide array of audiences and partners, including alumni;
- Multi-cultural competence and a demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to all people and the ability to foster and create a supportive climate and internal systems to evidence the same;
- A strong executive leadership record in a complex academic environment, with a demonstrated ability to develop and drive strategy and appropriately steward resources to ensure access and success.
Additional information on the MU chancellor search is available online at https://umsystem.edu/cs.