COLUMBIA, Mo. — Eight University of Missouri System students are the recipients of Trans World Airlines environmental scholarships.
Missouri residents enrolled at one of the four UM System campuses and studying environmental engineering or science, and law students who intend to pursue a career in natural resources or environmental law, are eligible. The Trans World Airlines scholarship was established in 1986 through an endowment from TWA. Recipients are selected by a committee representing all four campuses and by the law schools on the Columbia and Kansas City campuses. Recipients receive $7,000 each.
The 2013-2014 recipients:
- Grant Connette, UMC, Ecology, from Columbia
- Gideon A. Erkenswick, UMSL, Biology, from St. Louis
- Emily A. Fiore, MU, Law School, from Kirkwood
- Daniel A. Hartman, UMSL, Biology, from House Springs
- Jennifer J. Henderson, MU, Biological Sciences, from Eagan, MN
- Jesus Alejandro Martinez, UMKC, Law School, from Kansas City
- Kristia Parker, Missouri S&T, Architecture & Environmental Engineering, from St. Robert
- Danielle M. West, Missouri S&T, Chemistry, from Rolla