- Phone: (573) 882-8353
- E-mail: email@example.com
The University of Missouri System will discuss the university’s role in improving broadband access in the state of Missouri during the research summit. The summit coincides with the Board of Curators meeting taking place in Columbia. Topics during the session will include the university’s use of telemedicine, extending broadband and cloud connectivity for public safety, and community decision-making expanding broadband access.
UM System officials:
- Mun Choi, president, UM System
- Alexander N. Cartwright, chancellor, University of Missouri–Columbia
- Mark McIntosh, vice chancellor of research and economic development, MU
- Marshall Stewart, vice chancellor for extension and engagement at MU and UM System chief engagement officer
Representatives of the UM System Broadband Leadership Team:
- Casey Canfield, assistant professor of engineering management and systems engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Lav Gupta, assistant professor of mathematics and computer science, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Anthony Luppino, Rubey M. Hulen professor and director of entrepreneurship programs, University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Law
- Marcus McCarty, adjunct professor and fellow, UMKC School of Law
WHEN & WHERE:
Stotler Lounge, Memorial Union
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Members of the media are welcome to attend all sessions. Experts from the University of Missouri System will be available for media interviews at noon. Sessions will be available via livestream here: https://livestream.com/accounts/13547932/events/8961180
Other members of the UM System Broadband Leadership Team include; Hua Qin, assistant professor of rural sociology, MU; Barbara Glesner Fines, dean and Rubey M. Hulen professor of law, UMKC School of Law; and Alison Copeland, deputy chief engagement officer, UM System.