- Phone: (573) 882-4430
- E-mail: BasiC@umsystem.edu
10:00 A.M. THURSDAY, FEB. 6, 2020
ALL PUBLIC SESSION MEETINGS TO BE HELD IN NORTH 201 A AND B OF MEMORIAL UNION, 518 HITT ST., UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – COLUMBIA CAMPUS, COLUMBIA, MISSOURI, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
BOARD COMMITTEE MEETINGS WERE HELD JAN. 29-30, 2020, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FEB. 6, 2020, BOARD MEETING.
NOTES: ALL GUESTS WILL WEAR IDENTIFICATION BADGES.
NEWS MEDIA ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.
THE MEETING ON THURSDAY WILL BE LIVE AUDIO STREAMED AND TWEETED.
COMMITTEE CHAIR REPORT START TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE.
THURSDAY, FEB. 6
BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING – PUBLIC SESSION
10:00 A.M. Call to Order
1. University of Missouri Board Chair’s Report
2. University of Missouri System President’s Report
3. Student Representative to the Board of Curators Report
1. Amendment Collected Rules and Regulations 10.050, Standing Committees
4. Review Consent Agenda
1. Minutes, November 21, 2019 Board of Curators Meeting
2. Minutes, November 21, 2019 Board of Curators Committee Meetings
3. Minutes, December 10, 2019 Board of Curators Special Meeting
4. Minutes, January 16, 2020 Board of Curators Executive Committee Meeting
5. Amendment Collected Rules and Regulations 230.070, Education Assistance Program for University Employees
6. Amendment Collected Rules and Regulations 530.010, Retirement, Disability and Death Benefit Plan, and Additional Retirement Plan Amendments
7. Amendment, Collected Rules and Regulations 340.010, Family and Medical Leave
8. Amendments to Collected Rule and Regulation 310.015, Procedures for Review of Faculty Performance
9. Amendments to Collected Rule and Regulation 300.020, Faculty Bylaws of the University of Missouri – Kansas City
10. Amendments to Collected Rule and Regulation 320.090, Emeritus Designation
10:45 A.M. FINANCE CHAIR REPORT
(Curators Steelman, Chatman, Sundvold, Williams)
Finance Committee Chair Steelman to provide an overview of information item.
1. Update on Debt Issuance, UM
11:00 A.M. ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS AND RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CHAIR REPORT
(Curators Chatman, Layman, Snowden, Sundvold)
Academic, Student Affairs and Research and Economic Development Committee Chair Chatman to provide an overview of action item.
1. New Degree Proposal, B.S. in Fitness Programming and Management, MU
11:10 A.M. AUDIT CHAIR REPORT
(Curators Layman, Graham, Steelman)
Audit Committee Chair Layman to provide an overview of information and action items
1. Internal Audit and Consulting Quarterly Report, UM
2. Integrity and Accountability Hotline Annual Report 2019 - UM
3. External Auditor’s Report, UM
1. Engagement of Independent Auditors and Related Fees, UM
2. Resolution for Executive Session of the Audit Committee
11:25 A.M. HEALTH AFFAIRS CHAIR REPORT
(Curators Graham, Steelman, Williams, Mr. Ashworth, Mr. Phillips)
Health Affairs Committee Chair Graham to provide an overview of information and action items.
1. School of Medicine Report
2. MU Health Care Report
3. NextGen Update
4. MU Health Care Technology Update
5. Quarterly Financial Report, MU Health
6. Quarterly Compliance Report, MU Health
1. Minutes Approval, November 13, 2019 Health Affairs Committee Meeting
11:35 A.M. Break
11:45 A.M. Luncheon by Invitation for the Board of Curators, President, University of Missouri System Leaders, University of Missouri – Columbia Faculty and Student Leaders
Location: North 214 B and C, Memorial Student Union
1:00 P.M. PUBLIC SESSION
5. University of Missouri – Columbia Campus Highlights – Chancellor Cartwright
6. Strategic Theme Report – Next Gen (President Choi and Chancellors) / eLearning (Gunkel)
7. Good and Welfare of the Board
2. Resolution for Jamie L. Farmer
3. Resolution for Executive Session of the Board of Curators Meeting, February 6, 2020
3:00 P.M. Press Conference with Board of Curators Chair and UM System President (time is approximate)
Location: North 214A, Memorial Student Union
Toll-free dial-in number: (866) 357-7737 Conference code: 2599419045
3:15 P.M. AUDIT COMMITTEE – EXECUTIVE SESSION
(time is approximate)
Location: North 204, Memorial Student Union
The Audit Committee will hold an executive session of the meeting on February 6, 2020, pursuant to Section 610.021(1) and 610.021(17) RSMo for consideration of certain confidential and privileged communications with university counsel and confidential or privileged communications with university auditors, as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Audit Committee.
3:45 P.M. BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING – EXECUTIVE SESSION (time is approximate)
Location: North 204, Memorial Student Union
The Board of Curators will hold an executive session of the February 6, 2020 meeting, pursuant to Sections 610.021(1), 610.021(2), 610.021(3), 610.021(12), 610.021(13) and 610.021(14) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with University Counsel, personnel, property, litigation, contract items, and records protected by law, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Board of Curators.
Note: Items identified as “information” above are based on reasonable pre-meeting expectations, but all topics listed on the above agenda, including those identified as information items, may be the subject of votes in addition to discussion.
Board papers will be available on Tuesday at the following address: https://collaborate.umsystem.edu/sites/BOC