- Phone: (573) 882-4430
- E-mail: BasiC@umsystem.edu
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI BOARD OF CURATORS
8 A.M. THURSDAY, APRIL 9, 2020
THE PUBLIC SESSION MEETING WILL BE HELD AT THE HAVENER CENTER, MISSOURI UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CAMPUS, ROLLA, MISSOURI; HOWEVER, FOR THE SAKE OF PUBLIC SAFETY, BOARD MEMBERS AND MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO OBSERVE VIA CONFERENCE TELEPHONE OR ZOOM COMPUTER LINK AS NOTED BELOW.
Zoom Webinar link: https://umsystem.zoom.us/j/761326809
Webinar ID: 761 326 809
PUBLIC SESSION DIAL-IN NUMBER: +16468769923,,761326809# or +13126266799,,761326809#
NOTES: THE MEETING WILL NOT BE LIVESTREAMED.
THURSDAY, APRIL 9
PUBLIC SESSION – 8 A.M.
Call to Order
Roll Call of the Board of Curators
- University of Missouri Board Chair’s Remarks
- University of Missouri System President’s Report
- Student Representative to the Board of Curators Report
- Approval of Board of Curators Executive Committee, Standing Committees, and Appointments, 2020
- Approval, 2021 Board of Curators Meeting Calendar
- Review Consent Agenda
- Minutes, Feb 6, 2020 Board of Curators Meeting
- Minutes, Jan. 29-30, 2020 Board of Curators Committee Meetings held in conjunction with the Feb. 6, 2020 Board Meeting
- Minutes, Feb. 28, 2020 Board of Curators Special Meeting
- Minutes, March 16, 2020 Board of Curators Executive Committee Meeting
- Degrees, Spring Semester 2020 for all Campuses
- Amendment, Collected Rules and Regulation 10.050, Standing Committees
- Amendment, Collected Rules and Regulation 330.015, Policy on Conflict of Interest
- Amendment to the Employee Retirement Investment Plan (ERIP) and the 457(b) Eligible Deferred Compensation Plan
8:45 A.M. GOVERNANCE, COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE
Governance, Compensation and Human Resources Committee Chair Williams to provide time for discussion of committee items.
- Annual Benefits Report and Annual Retirement Plan Actuarial Report and Required Contribution, UM (written report only)
- Approval, Board Committee Charters
8:55 A.M. FINANCE COMMITTEE
Finance Committee Chair Steelman to provide time for discussion of committee items.
- Financial Status Report (Ryan Rapp)
- Consideration and vote on an amendment to the funding plan for the NextGen Precision Health Institute project, and approval of a Bond Resolution authorizing the issuance by the University of System Facilities Revenue Bonds (a) to refund certain existing bonds and other obligations, (b) to finance said project and (c) to take related actions (Ryan Rapp)
9:15 A.M. AUDIT, COMPLIANCE AND ETHICS COMMITTEE
Audit, Compliance and Ethics Committee Chair Layman to provide time for discussion of committee items.
- UM Internal Audit and Consulting Quarterly Report (Michelle Piranio)
- Compliance Program Implementation Status - UM (Michelle Piranio)
9:30 A.M. HEALTH AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Health Affairs Committee Chair Graham to provide time for discussion of information items.
- MU Health Care Chief Executive Officer Update – Written Report Only
- School of Medicine Interim Dean Update – Written Report Only
- Quarterly Financial Report – Written Report Only
- Quarterly Compliance Report – Written Report Only
9:40 A.M. ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS, RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CHAIR REPORT
Academic, Student Affairs, Research and Economic Development Committee Chair Chatman to provide an overview of information and action items.
- Academic Programs Enrollment Report
- UMKC Test Optional Admissions
- Good and Welfare of the Board
- Resolution for Executive Session of the Board of Curators Meeting, April 9, 2020
10:30 A.M. Press Conference with Board of Curators Chair and UM System President (time is approximate)
Location: Remote Locations via conference call and video streaming
Immediately following Board of Curators public session. Dial-in information for members of the media who cannot attend:
Meeting ID: 441 826 243
NOTE: To complete the registration process, members of the media must contact Christian Basi at 573-882-4430 or BasiC@missouri.edu prior to the press conference.
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,441826243# US (New York)
+13126266799,,441826243# US (Chicago)
10:45 A.M. BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING-EXECUTIVE SESSION (time is approximate)
The Board of Curators will hold an executive session of the April 9, 2020 meeting, pursuant to Sections 610.021(1), 610.021(2), 610.021(3), 610.021(12), 610.021(13) and 610.021(14) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with University Counsel, personnel, property, litigation, contract items, and records protected by law, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Board of Curators.
Note: Items identified as “information” above are based on reasonable pre-meeting expectations, but all topics listed on the above agenda, including those identified as information items, may be the subject of votes in addition to discussion.
Board papers will be available on Tuesday at the following address: https://collaborate.umsystem.edu/sites/BOC/