- Phone: (573) 882-4430
- E-mail: BasiC@umsystem.edu
Members will assist in securing new partnerships and financial resources for the NextGen Precision Health Initiative and Institute at MU
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The University of Missouri System has announced the formation of the NextGen Advisory Board, dedicated to advocacy and securing financial support on behalf of the NextGen Precision Health Initiative and Institute.
Launched in 2019, the initiative harnesses and supports the research activities of the UM System’s four universities and health system. The NextGen Precision Health Initiative is expected to accelerate medical breakthroughs for patients in Missouri and beyond, increase collaboration among UM System scientists and industry partners, attract research funding, generate jobs, and train a new generation of health care scientists and practitioners who will help Missouri address the health care needs of the future. The NextGen Precision Health Institute, a cornerstone of the Initiative, includes research from throughout the university; a five-story building to support that work is slated to open in the fall of 2021 on the Mizzou campus.
As advisors and advocates, board members will provide insights into precision health industry research trends and the commercialization of discoveries, in addition to securing new corporate partnerships and financial resources. They also will promote the translation of research and developmental breakthroughs to Missourians and the world.
"I am grateful to our new board members for their dedication and support of this extraordinary endeavor," UM System President and MU Interim Chancellor Mun Choi said. "They bring an impressive array of talents and expertise to the table, and I look forward to working with them to help bring this project to fruition."
The inaugural members of the NextGen Advisory Board are:
- Tom Atkins, III – Owner & President, Atkins Investments
- Mike Brown – Chairman, CEO & President, Euronet Worldwide
- Sobin Chang – CEO, Aquavit Pharmaceuticals
- Ted Day – Owner & CEO, Mo-Sci Corporation
- Steve Ellebracht – Partner, Isotherapeutics Group
- Jim Fitterling – Chairman & CEO, Dow Chemical
- Dick Flanigan – Senior Vice President, Cerner ITWorks
- Gary Forsee – Retired UM System President & Chairman/CEO, Sprint
- Patricia Hall – Director, Harry S. Truman Memorial Veteran’s Hospital
- Kamala Maddali – President & Founder, Health Collaborations
- John Nackel – Founder & Partner, Wavemaker Three-Sixty Health
- Tom O’Halloran – Founding Director, Chemistry of Life Processes Institute, Northwestern University
- David Pacitti – President, Siemens Medical Solutions USA
- Donn Rubin – Founding President & CEO, BioSTL
- Bill Vanjonack – Principal, Pioneer CR, LLC
The NextGen Advisory Board will continue to bring on new members as opportunities to further diversify and enhance the board’s impact arise.