Media Advisory: UM Board of Curators meeting this week
- Phone: (573) 882-0601
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jennifer Hollingshead
Office: (573) 882-0601
The University of Missouri Board of Curators will hold its regular meetings this Thursday and Friday at the University Center on the campus of the University of Missouri-Kansas City. To assist newsrooms in preparing for coverage of the meeting, University Communications offers the follow information:
- We acknowledge high interest in the University of Missouri presidential search; thus, newsrooms should be aware that no announcement regarding the next UM president is planned during the Kansas City meeting. Additionally, no meeting of the Board of Curators Presidential Search Committee is planned during the Kansas City meeting.
- In a change from the usual Thursday-Friday timetable of Board meetings, all Curators open meetings will happen on Thursday, beginning at 9 a.m. with committees, followed later that day by the full Board session. This schedule change accommodates meeting participants heading for the Big 12 championship football game on Saturday evening in San Antonio, Texas.
- Upon adjournment of Thursday’s open meetings, probably late in the afternoon, the usual post-meeting news conference will be conducted. Speakers will be UM Interim President Gordon H. Lamb; Curators Chairman Don Walsworth; and the Chair-Elect of the Board of Curators, who will be selected at this meeting. We are unable to provide a more precise starting time for the news conference at this sitting.
- The Board will reconvene at 9 a.m. Friday for its closed meeting, which it hopes to adjourn by noon.
Board meeting materials may be accessed online beginning Tuesday morning by clicking on “Meeting Documents” at this Web address: http://www.umsystem.edu/ums/curators/meetings
For media assistance at the Board of Curators meeting, check in with Director of Communications Scott Charton or Assistant Director Jennifer Hollingshead.
Can't find what you are looking for?