10:00 A.M. THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2019
ALL PUBLIC SESSION MEETINGS TO BE HELD IN ST. PAT’S BALLROOM A & B OF THE HAVENER CENTER, MISSOURI UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY CAMPUS – ROLLA, MISSOURI UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
BOARD COMMITTEE MEETINGS WERE HELD APRIL 1, 3 AND 4, 2019 IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE APRIL 11, 2019 BOARD MEETING.
NOTES: ALL GUESTS WILL WEAR IDENTIFICATION BADGES.
NEWS MEDIA ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.
THE MEETING ON THURSDAY WILL BE LIVE AUDIO STREAMED AND TWEETED.
COMMITTEE CHAIR REPORT START TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE.
THURSDAY, APRIL 11
BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING
10:00 A.M. PUBLIC SESSION -Call to Order
- University of Missouri Board Chair’s Report
- University of Missouri System President’s Report
- Student Representative to the Board of Curators Report
- Approval, 2020 Board of Curators Meeting Calendar
- Review Consent Agenda
- Minutes, February 7, 2019 Board of Curators Meeting
- Minutes, January 28, 29 and February 1, 2019 Board of Curators Committee Meetings held in conjunction with the February 7, 2019 Board Meeting
- Degrees, Spring Semester 2019 for all Campuses
- Sole Source – Nerlynx Breast Cancer Pharmaceutical – MUHC
- Sole Source – Inhaled Nitric Oxide - MUHC
- Naming Request, MU
- Project Approval, Primary Care Clinic North, MU
10:45 A.M. FINANCE CHAIR REPORT
Finance Committee Chair Brncic to provide an overview of information and action items.
- Review Fiscal Year 2020 UM Five-year Plan & Operating Budget Update
- Five-Year Capital Plan for MU, MU Health Care, Missouri S&T, UMKC, and UMSL
- Project Approval, MU Sinclair School of Nursing- Replacement Building
- A/E Hire, UMKC Oak Place Apartments Repairs
- Revised – Fiscal Year 2020 MU Student Housing and Dining Rates
11:45 A.M. COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE
Compensation and Human Resources Committee Chair Snowden to provide time for discussion of committee business.
- Annual Benefits Report and Annual Retirement Plan Actuarial Report and Required Contribution, UM (written report only)
- Amendment, Collected Rules and Regulations 530.010, Retirement, Disability & Death Benefit Plan and Additional Retirement Plan Document Amendments (Marsha Fischer)
12:00 P.M. SPECIAL MEDIA AVAILABILITY EVENT: (time is approximate)
Several student winners of the recent Entrepreneurial Quest contest will be available to discuss their prize-winning ideas at approximately noon in the second floor atrium where the posters will be displayed. The students shared $30,000 in prize money during this first competition that was established by the UM System in an effort to encourage students to start small businesses in the state.
12:10 P.M. Luncheon by Invitation for the Board of Curators, President, University of Missouri System Leaders, Missouri University of Science and Technology Faculty and Student Leaders
Location:St. Pat’s Ballroom C, Havener Center
Topic: Advancing Student and Faculty Excellence at Missouri S&T
Presenters: Rebecca Marcolina, Katelyn Brinker, Larry Gragg and Wayne Huebner
1:15 P.M. PUBLIC SESSION
1:15 P.M. ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS AND RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CHAIR REPORT
Academic, Student Affairs and Research and Economic Development Committee Chair Chatman to provide an overview of action items.
- UMSL New Degree Proposal, Bachelor of Science, Cybersecurity
- UMSL New Degree Proposal, Master of Science, Cybersecurity
- MU New Degree Proposal, Bachelor of Science, Human Environmental Sciences, Emphasis in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Amendments, Collected Rules and Regulations 20.110, Department Chairs and 300.030.D.1.a (3)
1:45 P.M. EXTERNAL AFFAIRS, MARKETING AND ADVANCEMENT CHAIR REPORT
External Affairs, Marketing and Advancement Committee Chair Farmer to provide an overview of information items.
- Committee Chair Remarks
- President’s Update
- Endowment performance across the UM System
- Annual giving performance across the UM System
- Highlights of key gifts across the UM System
- TPMC Marketing Plan and Name Recommendations
AUDIT – INFORMATION ONLY REPORT
A written report is provided in the materials for the Board’s information.
- UM Internal Audit and Consulting Quarterly Report
2:00 P.M. HEALTH AFFAIRS CHAIR REPORT
Health Affairs Committee Chair Graham to provide an overview of information and action item.
- MU Health Care Chief Executive Officer Update
- Strengthening Financial Outcomes and Cost Transformation
- Driving Patient Quality and Safety
- School of Medicine Interim Dean Update
- Developing the Academic Health Center Strategic Plan
- Minutes Approval, January 29, 2019 Health Affairs Committee Meeting
General Business (approx. 2:30 pm)
- Missouri University of Science and Technology Campus Highlights – Interim Chancellor Maples
- Critical Issue Discussion – Data Analytics to Achieve Excellence Throughout the UM System – Moderators: Jon Sundvold and Mun Choi. Participants: Chris Riley-Tillman and Matt Martens
- Good and Welfare of the Board
- Resolution for Executive Session of the Board of Curators Meeting, April 11, 2019
- Adjourn Board of Curators Meeting and Committee Meetings, Public Session
4:15 P.M. Routine Press Conference with Board of Curators Chair and UM System President (time is approximate)
Location: Carver Room, Havener Center
Immediately following Board of Curators public session. Dial-in information for members of the media who cannot attend:
Toll-free dial-in number: (866) 357-7737
Participant code: 2599419045
4:30 P.M. BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING-EXECUTIVE SESSION (time is approximate)
Location: Silver and Gold Room, Havener Center
The Board of Curators will hold an executive session of the April 11, 2019 meeting, pursuant to Sections 610.021(1), 610.021(2), 610.021(3), 610.021(12), 610.021(13) and 610.021(14) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with University Counsel, personnel, property, litigation, contract items, and records protected by law, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Board of Curators.
5:45 P.M. Recess for Board of Curators Working Dinner (limited to closed session topics)
6:00 P.M. Working Dinner for the Board of Curators, President, General Counsel and Board Secretary
Time is approximate
Location: Silver and Gold Room, Havener Center
Note: Items identified as “information” above are based on reasonable pre-meeting expectations, but all topics listed on the above agenda, including those identified as information items, may be the subject of votes in addition to discussion.
Board papers will be available on Tuesday at the following address: https://collaborate.umsystem.edu/sites/BOC/default.aspx