10:00 A.M. THURSDAY, JUNE 20, 2019
ALL PUBLIC SESSION MEETINGS TO BE HELD IN NORTH 201 A AND B OF MEMORIAL UNION, 518 HITT STREET, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – COLUMBIA CAMPUS, COLUMBIA, MISSOURI UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
BOARD COMMITTEE MEETINGS WERE HELD JUNE 11 AND 12, 2019 IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE JUNE 20-21, 2019 BOARD MEETING.
NOTES: ALL GUESTS WILL WEAR IDENTIFICATION BADGES.
NEWS MEDIA ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.
THE MEETING ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY WILL BE LIVE AUDIO STREAMED AND TWEETED.
COMMITTEE CHAIR REPORT START TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE.
THURSDAY, JUNE 20, 2019
BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING
9:00 – 10:00 A.M. Intercampus Faculty Council Roundtable by Invitation with the Board of Curators and President
Location: North 201 C, Memorial Union
10:00 A.M. Public Session Call to Order
- University of Missouri Board Chair’s Report
- University of Missouri System President’s Report
- Student Representative to the Board of Curator’s Report
- Review Consent Agenda
- Minutes, April 11, 2019 Board of Curators Meeting
- Minutes, April 11, 2019 Board of Curators Committee Meetings
- Minutes, March 27, 2019 Board of Curators Special Meeting
- Minutes, May 15, 2019 Board of Curators Special Meeting and Finance Committee Meeting
- Degrees, Summer Semester 2019 for all campuses
- Project Approval, MU Gas Turbine Building – Chilled Water Plant Addition
- Project Approval, MU Library Depository – Construct Phase 2
10:40 A.M. FINANCE CHAIR REPORT
Finance Committee Chair Brncic to provide an overview of action items.
- UM Fiscal Year 2020 Operating Budget and Five-Year Financial Plan
- UM Fiscal Year 2021 State Appropriations Request for Operations
- UM Fiscal Year 2021 State Capital Appropriations Request
11:05 A.M. COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE MEETING
- Resolution for Executive Session of the Compensation and Human Resources Committee
11:10 A.M. ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS AND RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CHAIR REPORT
Academic, Student Affairs and Research and Economic Development Committee Chair Chatman to provide an overview of action items.
- New Degree Proposal, Bachelors of Arts in Constitutional Democracy, MU
- New Degree Proposal, Masters of Arts in Atlantic History and Politics, MU
11:20 A.M. AUDIT COMMITTEE MEETING
Audit Committee Chair Layman to provide time for discussion of committee business.
- Internal Audit and Consulting Annual Report, UM
- Fiscal Year 2020 Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan, UM
11:40 A.M. HEALTH AFFAIRS CHAIR REPORT
Health Affairs Committee Chair Graham to provide an overview of information and action items.
- Quarterly Compliance Report, MU Health
- Quarterly Financial Report, MU Health
- MU Health Care Annual Report
- Minutes Approval, April 1, 2019 Health Affairs Committee Meeting
11:55 A.M. Break
12:00 P.M. Luncheon by Invitation for the Board of Curators, President, University of Missouri System Leaders and the Intercampus Staff Advisory Council
Location:North 214 B and C, Memorial Union
1:15 P.M. PUBLIC SESSION
- Transformation Update and Information Technology Annual Report
- Resolution, Retiring Vice President for Information Technology - Gary Allen, DVM, Ph.D.
- Resolution, Chief Diversity Officer and Vice Chancellor for Inclusion, Diversity and Equity – Kevin G. McDonald, J.D., Ed.D.
- University of Missouri – Columbia Student Presentations -
Topic: Beyond the Lab – Mizzou Students Contribute to the States Wellbeing (Nicketa Coombs, M.Ed., Alek Willsey, PhD Candidate and Jesus Oropeza)
- Good and Welfare of the Board
- Resolution for Executive Session of the Board of Curators Meeting, June 20-21, 2019
2:15 P.M. Press Conference with Board of Curators Chair and UM System President(time is approximate)
Location: North 214 A, Memorial Union
2:20 P.M. BOARD OF CURATORS COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE MEETING - EXECUTIVE SESSION (time is approximate)
Location: North 204, Memorial Union
The Compensation and Human Resources Committee will hold an executive session of the June 20-21, 2019 meeting, pursuant to Section 610.021(1), 610.021(3), 610.021(12), 610.021(13) and 610.021(17) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with university counsel, contract, personnel items and confidential or privileged communications between a public governmental body and its auditor,as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Compensation and Human Resources Committee.
3:30 P.M. BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING-EXECUTIVE SESSION (time is approximate)
Location: North 204, Memorial Union
The Board of Curators will hold an executive session of the June 20-21, 2019 meeting, pursuant to Sections 610.021(1), 610.021(2), 610.021(3), 610.021(12), 610.021(13) and 610.021(14) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with University Counsel, personnel, property, litigation, contract items, and records protected by law, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Board of Curators.
5:50 P.M. Recess Board of Curators Meeting
6:00 P.M. Reception by invitation for Board of Curators, President and University of Missouri System leaders
Hosted by: Chancellor Alex Cartwright
Location: Stotler Lounge, Memorial Union
FRIDAY, JUNE 21, 2019
BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING – PUBLIC SESSION
8:00 A.M. Call to Order
- Collegiate Student Mental Health
- Adjourn Board of Curators Meeting and Committee Meetings, June 20-21, 2019
11:00 A.M. Event: Official Launch of a Statewide Precision Health Initiative and Groundbreaking of its Anchoring Research Facility
Location: Building Site on the Corner of Virginia Avenue and Hospital Drive, University of Missouri - Columbia
Note: Items identified as “information” above are based on reasonable pre-meeting expectations, but all topics listed on the above agenda, including those identified as information items, may be the subject of votes in addition to discussion.
Board papers will be available on Tuesday at the following address: https://collaborate.umsystem.edu/sites/BOC/default.aspx