- Phone: (573) 882-4430
- E-mail: BasiC@umsystem.edu
10:00 A.M. THURSDAY, SEPT. 26, 2019
ALL PUBLIC SESSION MEETINGS TO BE HELD IN THE MULTIPURPOSE ROOM 401 A & D OF THE STUDENT UNION, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – KANSAS CITY IN KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.
BOARD COMMITTEE MEETINGS WERE HELD SEPT. 17-18, 2019, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SEPT. 26, 2019, BOARD MEETING.
NOTES: ALL GUESTS WILL WEAR IDENTIFICATION BADGES.
NEWS MEDIA ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PHOTO IDENTIFICATION.
THE MEETING ON THURSDAY WILL BE LIVE AUDIO STREAMED AND TWEETED.
COMMITTEE CHAIR REPORT START TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 26
BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING – PUBLIC SESSION
10:00 A.M. Call to Order
Oath of Office for new Curator
- Report from the Chair of the University of Missouri Board of Curators
- University of Missouri System President’s State of the University Report
- eLearning at the UM System
- Student Representative to the Board of Curators Report
- Approval of Board of Curators Executive Committee and Standing Committee Appointments, 2019
- Resolution for Executive Session of the Board of Curators Meeting, Sept. 26, 2019
- Review Consent Agenda
1. Minutes, June 20-21, 2019, Board of Curators Meeting
- Minutes, June 11-12, 2019, Board of Curators Committee Meetings held in conjunction with the June 20-21, 2019, Board Meeting
- Minutes, Aug. 8, 2019, Special Board of Curators Meeting
- Degrees, Fall Semester 2019 for all Campuses
- Amendment, Collected Rules and Regulations 220.020, Diplomas and Certificates
- Sole Source – UMSL Public Radio Station Underwriting Representation Services
- Naming, Gale Bullman Multipurpose Building, Student Recreation and Intramural Center, and Fitness Center, Missouri S&T
- Naming, Public Media Commons, UMSL
- Annual Approval, UM Investment Consultant
- Approval of Energy Loan Program, Missouri Department of Economic Development/Division of Energy, Missouri S&T
- Amendments to Collected Rules and Regulations Listed Below to Update Terminology and References in Conjunction with the Implementation of the Defined Contribution Plan effective October 1, 2019:
- 230.070, Educational Assistance Program for University Employees
- 320.050, Employee Status
- 320.150, Discontinuance of Programs or Departments of Instruction
- 340.090, Development Leave
- 440.040, University Physicians Medical Practice Plan
- 520.010, Benefit Programs
- Amendments to the Collected Rules and Regulations 530.010 Retirement, Disability & Death Benefit Plan and Additional Retirement Plans to Provide Additional Points of Clarification as Identified During Implementation of the Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Amendment, Collected Rules and Regulations 340.050, Vacation to Update Terminology in Alignment with CRR 340.030, Sick Leave approved in June 2018
11:00 A.M. FINANCE COMMITTEE
Finance Committee Chair Brncic to provide an overview of information and action items.
1. UM FY19 Financial Status Report
- Preliminary Five-Year Capital Plans for MU, MU Health Care, Missouri S&T, UMKC and UMSL
11:15 A.M. ACADEMIC, STUDENT AFFAIRS AND RESEARCH AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CHAIR REPORT
Academic, Student Affairs and Research and Economic Development Committee Chair Chatman to provide an overview of information and action items.
- New Degree Program, Bachelor of Arts, Organizational Leadership, UMSL
- New Degree Program, Masters of Science, Business, MU
- New Degree Program, Bachelor of Science, Sport Management, UMSL
- New Degree Program, Bachelor of Health Science, Occupational Therapy Assistant, MU
- Collected Rules and Regulations Amendment 340.070, Faculty Leave
11:25 A.M. EXTERNAL AFFAIRS, MARKETING AND ADVANCEMENT CHAIR REPORT
External Affairs, Marketing and Advancement Committee Chair Graham to provide an overview of information items.
- Strategic Communications and Marketing Year-End Reports
- Advancement Reports
11:45 A.M. HEALTH AFFAIRS CHAIR REPORT
Health Affairs Committee Chair Graham to provide an overview of information items.
- MU Health Care Chief Executive Officer and School of Medicine Interim Dean Update (Jonathan Curtright and Interim Dean Zweig)
- Update on Executive Vice Chancellor position
- Quarterly Financial Update (Michael Blair)
- Compliance and Corporate Integrity Agreement Report (Jennifer May)
- Resolution, Corporate Integrity Agreement for Health Affairs Committee Members
- Minutes Approval, June 12, 2019, Health Affairs Committee Meeting
11:55 A.M. AUDIT CHAIR REPORT
Audit Committee Chair Layman to provide an overview of information item.
1. UM Internal Audit and Consulting Quarterly Report
12:05 P.M. COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES CHAIR REPORT
Compensation and Human Resources Committee Chair Snowden to provide an overview of action items.
- Resolution for Executive Session of the Compensation and Human Resources Committee
12:15 P.M. Luncheon by Invitation for the Board of Curators, President, University of Missouri System Leaders, University of Missouri – Kansas City Faculty and Student Leaders
Location: Multipurpose Room 401 B & C, Student Union
Topic: Education Through Discovery
1:30 P.M. PUBLIC SESSION
- University of Missouri – Kansas City Highlights – Chancellor Agrawal
- Strategic Theme Discussion – How to Improve Teaching and Learning
- Good and Welfare of the Board
3:00 PM Press Conference with Board of Curators Chair and UM System President (time is approximate)
Location: Room 302, Student Union
Toll-free dial-in number: (866) 357-7737 Conference code: 2599419045
3:10 P.M. BOARD OF CURATORS COMPENSATION AND HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE MEETING - EXECUTIVE SESSION (time is approximate)
Location: Room 402, Student Union
The Compensation and Human Resources Committee will hold an executive session of the September 26, 2019 meeting, pursuant to Section 610.021(1), 610.021(3), 610.021(12) and 610.021(13) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with University Counsel, contract and personnel items, as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Compensation and Human Resources Committee.
4:15 P.M. BOARD OF CURATORS MEETING-EXECUTIVE SESSION (time is approximate)
Location: Room 402, Student Union
The Board of Curators will hold an executive session of the Sept. 26, 2019, meeting, pursuant to Sections 610.021(1), 610.021(2), 610.021(3), 610.021(12), 610.021(13) and 610.021(14) RSMo, for consideration of certain confidential or privileged communications with University Counsel, personnel, property, litigation, contract items, and records protected by law, all as authorized by law and upon approval by resolution of the Board of Curators.
5:00 P.M. Recess for Board of Curators Working Dinner (limited to closed session topics)
5:05 P.M. Working Dinner for the Board of Curators, President, General Counsel and Board Secretary (others by invitation)
Time is approximate
Location: Room 402, Student Union
Note: Items identified as “information” above are based on reasonable pre-meeting expectations, but all topics listed on the above agenda, including those identified as information items, may be the subject of votes in addition to discussion.
Board papers will be available on Tuesday at the following address: https://collaborate.umsystem.edu/sites/BOC