Electronic lab notebooks (ELNs) are tools for documenting the research process and may be useful for keeping track of research workflows and data in many disciplines, including the humanities and social sciences. One such application is LabArchives, a secure cloud-based ELN application that enables researchers to create, store, share and manage their research data.
LabArchives provides a flexible, extensible platform that can be customized to match a research lab’s workflow providing benefits to principal investigators, laboratory managers, research staff, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students. Researchers working outside of a traditional Principal Investigator (PI) led laboratory settings can still use the ELN.
The university's LabArchives evaluation includes the following products:
- LabArchives ELN for Research - for research labs
- LabArchives Inventory - to streamline the organization, tracking, and ordering of lab inventory
Register an account
First, all participants should create their own LabArchives account by signing in with their university ID and password and completing the LabArchives Login Setup form.
Training is available for researchers, PIs and administrators (lab admins and department admins). Click on a training session date below to access the Zoom registration form for that session.
- Wednesday, August 17 at 3:00 p.m. CT
- Thursday, August 18 at 12:00 p.m. CT
- Friday, August 19 at 10:00 a.m. CT
- Monday, August 22 at 3:00 p.m. CT
- Wednesday, August 24 at 12:00 p.m. CT
- Friday, August 26 at 9:00 a.m. CT
If the sessions do not meet scheduling needs, please reach out to the LabArchives Enterprise Success Manager, Linda Cubias, MLIS, to schedule a session at a more convenient time.
For additional training resources:
- Request one of the LabArchives webinars
- Consult informational videos on the LabArchives YouTube channel
Thank you for helping support our evaluation of LabArchives. To help shape decision-making around what system might best serve our needs, we would like your feedback on the use of the electronic laboratory notebook to support you and your lab going forward. Please complete this survey to submit your feedback on the evaluation of LabArchives.