Hyperion Budget & Planning System Navigation
FINPLN New Features
The following document is a quick overview of the FINPLN new features.
The following training materials have been developed for planners in Hyperion:
- Hyperion FINPLN - Planner Tutorial
- Hyperion FINPLN - Planner Complete Reference and Training Guide
- Hyperion FINPLN - Planner Quick Reference Guide (all procedures in one document)
- Quick Reference Guides (separate procedures)
Entering and Adjusting Data in FINPLN
- Viewing Data Form Instructions
- Viewing Data Form Components and Entering ChartFields
- Entering, Saving, and Refreshing Data
- Adding an Account
- Navigating Data forms Using Shortcut Keys
- Copying and Pasting a Column of Data
- Filtering and Sorting Data
- Spreading Data
- Spreading Data by Using the Grid Spread Option
- Adjusting Plan Data
- Performing Flexible Data Entry
- Adding Supporting Detail
- Entering Budget Transfers in Supporting Detail
- Adding, Viewing, and Deleting Cell Comments
- Running Budget Aggregation for an Entity
- Copying Budget Data by Version
Navigating and Running Reports in Workspace
Budget Reports Summary
The following guide provides general information about the changes in the transfer accounts that are in effect as of the FY15 budget. If your campus requires entering budget transfers in supporting detail, refer to the FINPLN complete reference and training guide for the Entering Budget Transfers in Supporting Detail procedure.
Note: In order for the tutorials to work properly, ALL pop-up blockers must be disabled. For assistance with using the tutorials, click the help link after the tutorial opens.
Each UM business unit may have scheduled training events for their Hyperion Budget and Planning users. Call the number for details about training opportunities at your business unit:
Accessibility: We provide accommodations to people with disabilities upon request. If you encounter something that is not accessible on the Finance Support Center training pages, please call Tech Support at (573) 882-5000 for assistance.