Hyperion Budget & Planning System Navigation
Smart View is an add-in for all Microsoft Office programs that can be installed from the Hyperion Planning system. It is a powerful data analysis tool that allows users to connect to the Planning server (Essbase) to access and work with Hyperion data in Excel.
- Running a Report in Hyperion and Exporting it in Query Ready Mode to Smart View - 7 min
- Opening Hyperion Forms in Smart View - 6 min
- Doing Ad Hoc Analysis in Smart View - 4:50 min
Classroom Training Materials
- Smart View for Planning/Essbase - Fundamentals and Advanced Tutorial
- Smart View for Planning/Essbase - Fundamentals and Advanced Training Guide
The following was provided for the report training classes held in October 2014.
Online Training Materials
The following training material has been developed based on the Smart View for reporting class.
- Smart View for Reporting Tutorial
- Smart View for Reporing Training Guide
- Quick Reference Guides
- Installing and Configuring Smart View
- Setting Options in Smart View
- Opening an Existing Report
- Using a Report as a Starting Point for Ad Hoc Analysis
- Using a Report to Create Multiple Tabs with Different POVs
- Creating an Ad Hoc Report from Scratch
Each UM business unit may have scheduled training events for their Hyperion Budget and Planning users. Call the number for details about training opportunities at your business unit:
- UM Columbia, including Extension: Todd MacKley, (573) 884-6561
- UM Extension: Callie Glascock, (573) 882-4522
- UM Kansas City: Karen Wilkerson or John Morrissey, (816) 235-1350
- Missouri S&T: Lisa Cerney, (573) 341-4123
- UM St. Louis: Joann Wilkinson, (314) 516-5301
- UM System: Cuba Plain or Ann Chen, (573) 882-3400
Accessibility: We provide accommodations to people with disabilities upon request. If you encounter something that is not accessible on the Finance Support Center training pages, please call Tech Support at (573) 882-5000 for assistance.