Go to navigation Go to content

Questions / Contact Us

Navigation Menu

Questions - General Information

If you have a general question regarding PII, please see the Personally Identifiable Information page. If this does not answer your question, please refer to the Contact Information below for the appropriate individual or area to contact regarding your PII question.

If you are not sure who to contact, but have a general question about a PII compliance issue, please send an email to the following address: umvpfinpii@umsystem.edu.

If you have questions or issues regarding information on this site that you believe is incorrect or outdated, please contact: updates@umsystem.edu .

Specific PII Compliance Questions

If you have questions regarding the following areas/issues, please contact the following offices:

Financial Information

Gramm-Leach-Bliley Committee


Identity Theft Prevention Program Committee


PCI Compliance



Student Information






ferpaannualnotification second edition.pdf




Patient / Health Information

MUHC Office of Corporate Compliance





Human Resources / Personnel Information


Information Security

Information Security Officers



Records Management

UM Records Management  


Report a Concern

The University of Missouri is committed to providing an environment where individuals feel comfortable raising and discussing issues relating to ethical conduct and compliance with laws, regulations and policies, and where they can safely and confidentially come forward to identify instances of suspected fraud, misconduct, or noncompliance with laws, regulations or policies fraud or other serious concerns.  Remember, even minor issues are worth discussing - only through open discussion can we improve our way of doing things.

For Routine Concerns:

  • You should first contact your supervisor or manager. They need to know about issues that arise in the area under their management, and will be in the best position to help you resolve concerns at a local level.

If you don't feel comfortable raising a concern with your supervisor or manager (or if your concern relates to them, or if you have previously told them but the concern has not been remedied), there are several other ways you can report your concern:

  • Report the issue to your supervisor/manager's direct manager.
  • If your question relates to a PII issue, report the issue to the appropriate campus office indicated on the University Resource List.
  • Report the issue through the University of Missouri Ethics and Compliance Hotline (which allows you to report an issue anonymously if you wish) either through the web based mechanism or by phone.  

For legal assistance, please contact the Office of the General Counsel at http://www.umsystem.edu/ums/gc.

Reviewed 2016-06-24.