As a merchant, do I have to take PCI training?
PCI DSS states that in order to accept credit card payments you must be PCI compliant. One of the mandated requirements of PCI state that PCI and security awareness training must be conducted upon hire and at least annually. Any official, administrator, or affiliate with responsibilities for managing University cardholder transactions and employees or personnel entrusted with handling or processing cardholder payments must complete training upon hire and annual training thereafter. IT Directors and designated staff must also complete the PCI and security training and also comply with University Computing Security Standards.
You would complete ONE of the online trainings listed below
- If you are regular staff or student employee you must take the Percipio training, "PCI DSS Compliance."
- If you are a Hospital employee you must complete and pass the "PCI-22" course through the Saba Learning Management System."
- If you are not enrolled into either of these courses, please notify John Layman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get you enrolled.
- If you are not able to be enrolled into either the Percipio or the Saba courses, you will be enrolled into the MakeITSafe training through Canvas.
- Merchant services new hire checklist