News and Updates
If you qualify and are approved for the program, contributions to your MOST 529 Plan account will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to a maximum match of $500.
University of Missouri MOST Scholarships
NOTE: If you are experiencing difficulties completing the APPLICATION FORM, please contact Harold Berndt at 573-882-6585 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In November of 2006, the University of Missouri announced the MOST Scholarship Program. 80 scholarships of $500 per year will be awarded annually - for qualifying students of families who have invested for college through Missouri’s 529 Savings Plan (MOST) and who attend one of the University of Missouri four (4) campuses. Awardees will be selected based on financial need.
- The University of Missouri will invest up to $40,000 on an annual basis in the MOST scholarship program.
- Up to 80 scholarships of $500 each will be awarded to eligible applicants.
- The scholarships are not automatically renewable for year to year; students are required to apply annually for the scholarships in order to be eligible to receive the scholarships.
- Students are not eligible to receive such scholarships in more than four academic years.
- To be eligible, the student’s family would need to have participated in the MOST program on behalf of the student for a minimum of 5 years prior to the April 1 deadline for applications for scholarships for the current academic year.
- The deadline for the MOST scholarship is April 1 for the current academic year; no applications will be accepted after the April 1 deadline for scholarships for the current academic year.
- To be eligible for the MOST scholarships, students must meet the eligibility requirements as outlined in the Eligibility section below.
- The University of Missouri reserves the right to make changes in the Program as deemed necessary by the University.
In order to qualify for the UM MOST Scholarships, students must:
- Be a designated beneficiary of an account of the MOST 529 College Savings Plan that has been in effect for at least five (5) years as of the April 1 deadline for scholarships for the current academic year.
- Be an accepted incoming undergraduate student or an enrolled undergraduate student at one of the four (4) University of Missouri campuses. In addition, students who are enrolled as graduate or professional students at one of the four (4) University of Missouri campuses and who received UM MOST scholarships as graduate or professional students for academic year 2010-2011 or previous academic years are also eligible.
- Be in good academic standing to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Be a full-time student to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have high financial need as determined by a standard of need applied against the FAFSA; applicants will be selected according to their financial need.
- Complete and submit the MOST Scholarship application by the April 1 deadline for the current academic year.
Any student meeting the above criteria is encouraged to apply for the UM MOST Scholarship.
For questions, appeals and other information, please contact:
Director, Financial Reporting & Taxation
104 University Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Telephone: (573) 882-6585
Q: Is the UM MOST Scholarship the same as the Tuition Settlement Scholarship?
A: No, the Tuition Settlement Scholarship is a separate program entirely, and qualifying individuals can find more information about that program at:
Q: My MOST account number is more than nine digits. It is a nine digit number and then has a -01, -02, or -03, etc. However, I can only enter the first nine digits on the application form. What do I do?
A: We only need the first nine digits of your MOST account number in order to process your application. It is not necessary to enter the -01, -02, -03, etc.