(for users who have not created a University password yet or need to update it)
Website: https://password.umsystem.edu/newusersetup/ or by selecting "Forgot my password" in the sign-in window.
- Enter your University firstname.lastname@example.org. Click sign in.
- Microsoft will send you a passcode via text or phone call to verify your identity.
- The phone number is populated from the Peoplesoft Data which was provided by your application.
- If you are prompted by text and would like a phone call instead or vice versa you can select "Sign-in another way".
- If the phone number is incorrect you can contact the help desk for assistance updating the phone number on file.
- Once your password is set it can take up to 10 minutes to sync.
Passwords are an integral component of any IT security program. Users must keep their passwords confidential and must not provide them to anyone, including supervisors or other administration and IT staff. In addition, users must not use their University password for non-University or third party systems. Unauthorized use of a password can result in loss or inappropriate disclosure of data, harm to IT resources, fines or other penalties, reputational damage, etc. If you suspect that your password has been compromised, you must change the password immediately and report the incident to your Information Security Officer.
|Password length: minimum 8 characters, maximum 26 characters|
|Passwords must contain 3
of the following 4:
(note, some applications will not accept commas for special characters; therefore, we recommend selecting from one of the other examples provided)
- Contain any spaces.
- Be the same as the prior password regardless of case.
- Be a 5-character or longer word found in the dictionary.
- Be the same as any part of their name or their user ID regardless of case.
- Contain symbols other than the special characters specified above.
- Enter your University email address and password.
- Authenticate your identity through chosen method.
- Click on "Security Info" on the left-hand side.
- You can alter your sign in method by selecting "Change" next to "Default sign in method".
- Select + Add Method if you would like to add an alternative method for signing in such as an application, secondary number, etc.
If you need additional assistance, please contact your IT Tech Support team.