The South African Partnerships Program makes possible partnerships between UM System faculty members and a number of institutions throughout South Africa, including historically disadvantaged postsecondary education institutions, governmental agencies and nongovernmental organizations.
Join the Program Now!
Eligible UM System faculty and staff are invited to apply. If you are interested in working with only the University of Western Cape (UWC) in Cape Town, then you want to apply under the UM/UWC Faculty Exchange Program; this Partnerships Program is for collaboration with other institutions or for a multi-institutional collaboration that may include UWC.
About the Program
The Partnership Program has supported training for and/or research about:
- Teachers in writing, language and media literacy
- The role of sports in the lives of political prisoners on Robben Island
- Women painters as guardians of Ndebele culture
- Structural health monitoring
- Community development
- Wildlife management and conservation
- Science education
The program was initiated in 1996. Thus far, it has funded 42 faculty members from the UM System's four campuses.
Reports about the Partnerships
- Trent Guess and Antonis Stylianou
- Dorina Kosztin and Meera Chandrasekhar
- Meera Chandrasekhar
- Candace Kuby
- Laura Schopp
- Kateryna Schroeder
- ICLDP Pilot Project between University of Missouri Extension - Columbia and the Community Engagement Unit at the UWC
- A trip to the University of Missouri...
- Natalie Bolton
- Kenneth P. Thomas
- Kwame Awuah-Offei
- Rolene Bauer
- Jere L. Gilles and Willi Meyers
- Peter Motavalli
Go to the South African Partnerships Report Archive ...