Skip to main content

General Insurance FAQs

What is the difference between liability and other types of insurance?

Liability insurance provides legal defense from and/or payment to third parties who may have been damaged because of the negligence of the Curators of the University of Missouri or their officers, employees, agents and, in some cases, volunteers.

Property insurance is a first party coverage that generally pays the university for damage it suffers as the result of an insured peril, such as fire, wind (tornado), earthquake, flood, etc.

Reviewed 2022-06-10

Search RIM: