Skip to main content

HR-302 Identification Cards


University of Missouri identification (ID) cards may be issued for benefit-eligible positions, retiree’s, and other positions as appropriate.

If any part of this policy is in conflict with Collected Rules and Regulations (CRR), the provisions of the CRR will govern.

HR Policy Provisions

  1. Eligibility
    Identification cards are issued to:

    1. Benefit-eligible administrative, service & support and academic employees;
    2. Non-benefit eligible employees including courtesy appointees may be issued an ID card.
    3. Employees who retire from the University upon approval of the appropriate retirement application.
  2. Policy
    1. An ID card may be required for admission to or participation in various University programs or to use University facilities and services as determined by each campus.
    2. Unauthorized use of an ID card is a serious offense which could lead to the termination and/or other measures of the employee involved.
    3. ID cards remain valid until employment with the University is terminated. When an employee terminates employment with the University, the ID card must be surrendered to either the immediate supervisor or the appropriate University, MU Health Care, or UM System Human Resources.
  3. Replacement Cards
    1. Lost ID cards must be reported to the employee's immediate supervisor, the campus Police Department, and Human Resources. A new ID card will be issued to replace a lost card.
    2. Requests for replacement ID cards due to incorrect or outdated information should be reported to Human Resources to determine if a replacement card must be issued.


Date Created: 09/26/1997
Last Updated: 09/15/2013; 02/01/2021

Reviewed 2021-02-02