You are the University of Missouri’s most important resource, and your personal and professional well-being is critical to achieving our shared mission.
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a continuum of tools, resources and counseling services to support emotional wellness, the ability to successfully handle life’s stresses and to adapt to change and difficult times (building resilience, reducing stress, getting quality sleep, strengthening social connections, coping with loss, and being mindful).
All programs offer experienced consultants at no cost for support, guidance and resources to help you navigate small questions and big problems related to a range of issues, including stress, anxiety and depression; relationship problems; grief and loss and parent and family issues.
The EAP offers free, short-term, confidential counseling sessions for employees (faculty and staff) and their household members. Employees are eligible to receive EAP services as of their first day of work.
EAP coverage for you and your family members will end if you terminate employment or when you or your dependents are no longer eligible under the EAP. You may be able to continue the EAP coverage through COBRA, view the Summary Plan Description for more information.
Optum Live and Work Well
- Unlimited telephonic access to master’s-level clinicians (24/7).
- Supports the in-the-moment needs of employees and their household members.
- Receive confidential support without an appointment by calling 866-248-4094.
- Three (3) free counseling sessions per presenting issue with Optum network providers, offered in-person (in the community at the provider’s office) or virtually.
- Consider virtual appointments to expand provider specialty/choice.
- To receive services at no additional cost to you, get an authorization code and share it with your EAP provider:
- Request an authorization code by calling Optum at 1-866-248-4094
- Find a provider on Optum’s Live and Work Well website (exit UM System site).
- You can register, sign-in or browse as a guest using the university’s access code: UMISSOURI.
- When scheduling an appointment with your selected provider, make sure to give them your authorization code, which works like a coupon code.
- Employees and their covered dependents, who are enrolled in a University of Missouri medical plan, may continue counseling services, with a copay, beyond the three free EAP sessions via behavioral health benefits.
- An online platform offering self-directed access to a continuum of tools and resources to support emotional wellness, such as videos, articles, and other resources. Access Optum Wellbeing or Optum’s Live and Work Well (exit UM System site) to learn more.
- Optum standard flyer-English (PDF, 859KB)
- Optum standard flyer-Spanish (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Optum healthcare flyer (PDF, 7.5MB)
MU's in-house program offers EAP services to MU, MUHC and UM System employees (faculty and staff) and their household members.
McReynolds Hall, Suite 465
301 South 6th Street (see map)
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: (573) 882-2146
- In-house EAP: Appointments are available in-person (McReynolds Hall or MUHC main campus), virtually or by phone during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.). Contact the HR Service Center to schedule.
- Columbia EAP informational flyer (PDF, 2MB)
- Team presentations and custom resources: To discuss custom EAP resources and team presentations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On-campus resource library: The EAP resource library has a wide variety of resources available to university employees (faculty and staff) and their household members. Some items are available as handouts while other resources may be checked out.
- Occupational stress seminars: University EAP professionals host occupational stress seminars across a wide variety of topics, from stress management to compassion fatigue.
- Quality of Work Life Assessment survey: Participation in this voluntary, confidential survey helps the EAP deliver programs and services to help improve quality of work life at the university.
- EAP work-life resources: A number of helpful resources are available online. From adoption resources to managing workplace stress, find work-life resources that relate to your topic.
ComPsych's GuidanceResources program offers EAP services to Missouri S&T employees (faculty and staff) and their household members.
ComPsych (available 24/7)
Phone: (833) 515-0754